Marinakis. Thank you | Page 4 | Vital Football

Marinakis. Thank you

No, we became a limited company in the early 1980's when we built the exec stand.

The involvement of irving and scholar is where it all started to go wrong imo but yea i suppose those first 5 years in the 1980s were probably as good (from a club admin and sustainability pov) as it got before now.

Different beast then tho and i still think this period is a high point for club organisation, development and sustainability

I sometimes wonder if i said up you would say down. Even during our most successful period we had racism, brown paper bags, it wasnt as well run as we are now. Unless of course you equate success on the pitch with administrative excellence off it.

id say down if i thought it was down, irrespective of what others thought, if ithought it was up id say up, thats how my mind works, you know, normal? I suppose i f we all agreed on everything thered actually be very little conversations in the world and o lot of false facts.

Club supported and believed in a manager and the way he was running the club, they gave full trust and the goal was to win trophies and we over achieved and are now a name the world over.
Yes, id say that worked, Id say we were as well run as ever. The goals at the time wern't to be the richest club, or most profitable or most sustainable or stamp out racism but to cement our name in history, the greatest story ever told. That was how it was ran at the time.

Sorry I have that different opinion that must surely be based on total fabrication to wind up the plonkers :)

The involvement of irving and scholar is where it all started to go wrong imo but yea i suppose those first 5 years in the 1980s were probably as good (from a club admin and sustainability pov) as it got before now.

Different beast then tho and i still think this period is a high point for club organisation, development and sustainability
what did we have during some of those good days,16k attendance paying ten quid each, 100k from sponsors and 50 quid off itv? Wasnt a lot to be sustainable with :)