Marinakis era | Page 4 | Vital Football

Marinakis era

I agree with a lot you say Pope but that’s statement is clear nonsense. the club is an utter shambles and that is down to the man at the top. Terrible ownership
It isn't a shambles.

Their handling of the last four transfer windows has been shambolic, which has led to snatching failure from the jaws of victory (2019-20) and a catastrophe on the pitch now.

But behind the scenes? No, not buying it. Academy has improved, as has the output. Organisation around the club seems professional and I have actually been pretty pleased with customer service I received. Under Fawaz, I would never order anything to be delivered, including my season tickets, because I simply didn't trust they would arrive; and I remember the days when season tickets only arrived a few days before the season started.

We have spent money, we have sold players for profits and I cannot recall many real assets running their contracts down and going for a pittance; Osborn is the only one I recall, and his fee was still decent. I remember the doughty regime for a long time refused to discuss a new contract until a player was in their final year; we lost loads of players for fuck all due to that (Scimeca and Williams for example).

I am not trying to defend the regime as if I am a fan of it. I'm not a fan. But neither am I an implacable opponent as I was from more or less the start of the Fawaz regime.

I am, however, an implacable opponent of this utter bullshit "new way of doing things" which seems to completely ignore the necessity of at least competitive competence to be able to achieve anything

The mainstay of my support for any owner of the club for me has always been his/her willingness to support it financialy, everything else whilst being of importance is secondary as far as i am concerned.

It isn't a shambles.

Their handling of the last four transfer windows has been shambolic, which has led to snatching failure from the jaws of victory (2019-20) and a catastrophe on the pitch now.

But behind the scenes? No, not buying it. Academy has improved, as has the output. Organisation around the club seems professional and I have actually been pretty pleased with customer service I received. Under Fawaz, I would never order anything to be delivered, including my season tickets, because I simply didn't trust they would arrive; and I remember the days when season tickets only arrived a few days before the season started.

We have spent money, we have sold players for profits and I cannot recall many real assets running their contracts down and going for a pittance; Osborn is the only one I recall, and his fee was still decent. I remember the doughty regime for a long time refused to discuss a new contract until a player was in their final year; we lost loads of players for fuck all due to that (Scimeca and Williams for example).

I am not trying to defend the regime as if I am a fan of it. I'm not a fan. But neither am I an implacable opponent as I was from more or less the start of the Fawaz regime.

I am, however, an implacable opponent of this utter bullshit "new way of doing things" which seems to completely ignore the necessity of at least competitive competence to be able to achieve anything

What's the point in renegotiating with a player 18 months before the end of a player's contract when that player will still have to play under two or three different 'permanent' managers before their contract comes to an end?

How do you know if the next manager or the one after the one after that will be keen on the player?

The mainstay of my support for any owner of the club for me has always been his/her willingness to support it financialy, everything else whilst being of importance is secondary as far as i am concerned.
Now that I don't agree with.

You certainly won't find me throwing my knickers at any rich man just because he's spent a few Bob.

But in this case, generally things are competently run too

Now that I don't agree with.

You certainly won't find me throwing my knickers at any rich man just because he's spent a few Bob.

But in this case, generally things are competently run too
Like yourself what does go against the grain is the next layer down. It always seems to be the weakness and results in the owners money being badly spent. What i would say is though in todays money ball football it is becoming increasingly hard to spend that money on players that will be succesful at a club like us, flustrating as that is.

What do you mean by supporting a club financially?

The number of owners out there who support clubs financially with their own money are in the extreme minimum.

Most owners borrow the money to buy the club and then load the debt on to the club; Burnley being the latest example.

You may well think that Abramovic and the Emirates crowd have pumped enormous amounts into their clubs; they have not, its all debt, backed by the owners and paid for by the mugs who turn up every week.

I agree with a lot you say Pope but that’s statement is clear nonsense. the club is an utter shambles and that is down to the man at the top. Terrible ownership

No, the first team is a shambles; everything else is run pretty well.

The Academy is first class and the commercial side of things are now being run very professionally.

Too many people are falling for the guff written by Danny Taylor who is acting like a spoilt five year old who cannot get his own way.

I mean, bird shit on seats in an open air stadium, whatever next.

When I went back to my car on Sunday after the game I found that a bird had shit all over the bonnet; should I be blaming Marinakis for that?

Some are; Hedge funds work like that, but just take a look at how they get a return on their investment
Certainly in my sector it works like that.

A few years back I was working for a company in Taunton, they were bought out by capitalist venturers for £11m immediately took £25m against it and ran it into the ground with £25m debt. There was a green paper on it I believe. Kids ended up homeless and 1000 people unemployed due to them taking it to the cleaners.

Certainly in my sector it works like that.

A few years back I was working for a company in Taunton, they were bought out by capitalist venturers for £11m immediately took £25m against it and ran it into the ground with £25m debt. There was a green paper on it I believe. Kids ended up homeless and 1000 people unemployed due to them taking it to the cleaners.

Some of us have never forgot irving scholar and nigel wray

What do you mean by supporting a club financially?

The number of owners out there who support clubs financially with their own money are in the extreme minimum.

Most owners borrow the money to buy the club and then load the debt on to the club; Burnley being the latest example.

You may well think that Abramovic and the Emirates crowd have pumped enormous amounts into their clubs; they have not, its all debt, backed by the owners and paid for by the mugs who turn up every week.
Have our current owners put the club into debt?

No, the first team is a shambles; everything else is run pretty well.

The Academy is first class and the commercial side of things are now being run very professionally.

Too many people are falling for the guff written by Danny Taylor who is acting like a spoilt five year old who cannot get his own way.

I mean, bird shit on seats in an open air stadium, whatever next.

When I went back to my car on Sunday after the game I found that a bird had shit all over the bonnet; should I be blaming Marinakis for that?

I beg to differ. if it wasn't for him speaking out, these jokers wouldn't be reminded and shamed in public. Something I'm pretty sure EM is not used to because any of that results in bakeries being blown up, "Allegedly."

Might only be bird shit but the place looks a shit hole... pardon the pun.

Have our current owners put the club into debt?

No, but that was my point.

Marinakis has paid off debt, not loaded the club with it; he has committed 180m of his own money to the club.

As costly as that as been, most of it is down to the mistakes of him and his surrogates.

Nevertheless, we could be in a far far worse position financially.

Marinakis has paid off debt, not loaded the club with it; he has committed 180m of his own money to the club.

As costly as that as been, most of it is down to the mistakes of him and his surrogates.

That was exactly the point that i was making. The shit currently flying in his direction is in my opinion not justified.

[
I beg to differ. if it wasn't for him speaking out, these jokers wouldn't be reminded and shamed in public. Something I'm pretty sure EM is not used to because any of that results in bakeries being blown up, "Allegedly."

Might only be bird shit but the place looks a shit hole... pardon the pun.

You can differ all you like.

If he was that concerned where was he when that joker Doughty was running things?

They had carte blanch to treat the support base like rubbish, referring to them as pond life.

Can you imagine what the headlines would have been if Fawaz had with held money from the Council?

Where were the carry on Newark headlines over that?

No, he kept his head down because he was part of that little set.

He is a fucking hypocrite behaving like a five year old because those nasty men will not talk to him

Just as an aside, the financial benefits of the club getting planning for their scheme are quite staggering. Figures that i have seen are eye watering.

Just as an aside, the financial benefits of the club getting planning for their scheme are quite staggering. Figures that i have seen are eye watering.

Yes, that is why I just cannot see him selling up before they get planning permission, that is if he has intentions to sell up.