Marcus Rashford | Vital Football

Marcus Rashford

Wasn't it she who took the piss out of "chavvy" women who name their kids after place names but apparently hadn't noticed that she had named her daughter India?
Might be wrong but I'm sure it was her.
Yes, I believe it was her. I wasn't taking the piss when I said I felt sorry for her. Imagine how desperate you must be to feel the need to post vile destructive hate persistently (particularly against those of less fortunate provenance). Poor thing.

Such a shame that it must be upsetting for her targets too and feed the unpleasant narrative about people less fortunate than her.

Marcus Rashford has given a masterclass in intelligent and focused campaigning, hats off. I note also that he has been prepared to share answers from both government and Chartwells UK with his twitter following. What is quite clear is that he has stayed in touch with his roots and his early experience and that has kept his observations relevant and maintained respect for those who he campaigns for. The woeful replacement meals and the poor politics behind their organisation speaks of a group of people who have little knowledge or respect for many of their fellow citizens.

I agree what MR is doing is commendable and obviously a good cause, he also doesn’t have to do it, so good on him for taking the time out to bring it to everyone’s attention.

Worth also mentioning that he signed a new deal at Manchester Utd last year rumoured to be worth 200k per week. A large amount of this is (allegedly) paid as *image or performance rights, therefore avoiding tax payments on it.

* apologies but the actual wording escapes me now- in was in private eye a month ago and has been recycled by now.

A bit like the Emperor's new clothes, this.

Another possibility is that it is a Premier League Footballer on a six figure salary (not counting sponsorship) telling the Government how they should use hard working taxpayer's money (including his, granted).

Where is the evidence that he, personally, does not have very deep pockets but very short arms? Not a word of him donating one additional brass cent.

Yes, he had a very hard and poor upbringing, like thousands of other kids, and has publicised it on social media, but players spend hours on that when they are bored after ending training at lunchtime each day. Their advantage is that they have a platform that thousands want to read but give it ten years and nobody will be interested.

If he is "out there" actively undertaking such intelligent and focused campaigning, I would also ask why the BBC is still showing that same piece of film of him looking bemused as he takes several minutes to transfer one box of satsumas from one car to another, in the same way that the Queen looks when "planting" a tree.

I suppose some will say it is irrelevant and none of our business how rich he is now but if that is true, why should we be interested in how poor he was before?

Last edited:
A bit like the Emperor's new clothes, this.

Another possibility is that it is a Premier League Footballer on a six figure salary (not counting sponsorship) telling the Government how they should use hard working taxpayer's money (including his, granted).

Where is the evidence that he, personally, does not have very deep pockets but very short arms? Not a word of him donating one additional brass cent.

Yes, he had a very hard and poor upbringing, like thousands of other kids, and has publicised it on social media, but players spend hours on that when they are bored after ending training at lunchtime each day. Their advantage is that they have a platform that thousands want to read but give it ten years and nobody will be interested.

If he is "out there" actively undertaking such intelligent and focused campaigning, I would also ask why the BBC is still showing that same piece of film of him looking bemused as he takes several minutes to transfer one box of satsumas from one car to another, in the same way that the Queen looks when "planting" a tree.

I suppose some will say it is irrelevant and none of our business how rich he is now but if that is true, why should we be interested in how poor he was before?
You should write for the DM. Send them some of your stuff. They may well pay you handsomely for it. You can then donate the money to charity. Make sure you tell everyone how much you are donating though, in case they think you are being hypocritical.