Marcus Rashford | Page 3 | Vital Football

Marcus Rashford

I am not knocking Rashford either, but do not see him as a hero either.

However, if I remember correctly, his first campaign was to demand that the government (an, by association the taxpayer) provide free school meals during the school holidays.

That has never been done in the past and he decides to demand it, without even being means tested, at a time that the country is running up the biggest public borrowing figure in living memory due to Covid. Ordinary taxpayers will have to bear the pain in paying that back at some point.

I am surprised that I have not been attacked as just being envious of his money but I can honestly say I am not. I am keenly aware of what money will not buy you (good health, true friends, etc) and for the religious (not me), there is Matthew 19.24 "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Unfortunately, when accountants and agents get in players ears, that sort of logic means nothing to them.

The like is for your final paragraph, GBN, which I agree with entirely (though I have my own highly heretical interpretation of, 'Kingdom of God'!). I also thought your first comment was fair enough too.

But your second and third paragraphs are not so good. Who cares if it's never been done before? So what? And what's this about no means testing? The only kids who get free school meals are those whose families have been means tested. I know because I used to get free school dinners. I was one of about three or four kids at my (middle-class dominated) grammar school.

This young man is so dignified. The haters really hate him but they just can't rile him.

Which makes them hate him even more.

And makes me love him more and more.

Yes I’m a black man and I live every day proud that I am. No one, or no one comment, is going to make me feel any different. So sorry if you were looking for a strong reaction, you’re just simply not going to get it here.

“I’m not sharing screenshots. It would be irresponsible to do so and as you can imagine there’s nothing original in them. I have beautiful children of all colours following me and they don’t need to read it. Beautiful colours that should only be celebrated.”

love Marcus Rashford. Just a shame he has has been taken in by one of the most evil people who has ever lived on this planet.