Marcus Edwards | Page 3 | Vital Football

Marcus Edwards

That's good... but he's got 2 goals and 3 assists in a weak league. Smart money is still on him being sold in the summer. Hopefully he really moves up a gear or three and proves most of us wrong

I'm not so sure his stats while away will be any determining factor in where he ends up next season. I thought the real purpose was to get him out and into a more productive, less toxic environment, hoping he may mature a bit.

In my opinion, it will be a pure financial decision. If he agrees to sign a new contract, then we will keep him and perhaps flog him in a year or two's time. If he doesn't then I can see us getting anything we can for him this summer as he only has one year left on his contract. Guys like CCV and Onomah have always toed the line and signed the new contracts when they come along despite first team chances being few and far between. Will be interesting to see if Edwards follows suit or plays Charlie big spuds and angles for a move.

I said the next time I commented on this player was when he left, so here I am. Dont let the door hit you in the ass on route to Portugal Marcus. Another legend in his own lunch time.

I think he improved his attitude immeasurably by most accounts, unfortunately he just wasn't good enough in a weaker league to stake a claim for a squad place in a top 4 (hopefully) PL side, or probably even a mid/lower table one.

Hope he turns into a baller by 25 and we have a buy back but I suspect it's the last we see of him in the PL.