Marcus Edwards | Page 2 | Vital Football

Marcus Edwards

Only seen him play twice, once as cameo for the 1st team when he was injured and once for one of the junior teams against Real Madrid. He is very small physically and plays and looks like a schoolboy. Maybe he needs a lot more physical conditioning before he can hope to play in the EPL? Of course that will not help if his attitude stinks...we’ve had a few of those before. The young lad we bought from Crystal Palace whose name elides me to name but one. He never made it.

Only seen him play twice, once as cameo for the 1st team when he was injured and once for one of the junior teams against Real Madrid. He is very small physically and plays and looks like a schoolboy. Maybe he needs a lot more physical conditioning before he can hope to play in the EPL? Of course that will not help if his attitude stinks...we’ve had a few of those before. The young lad we bought from Crystal Palace whose name elides me to name but one. He never made it.

Think that was John Bostock . He was supposed to be the next superstar but sadly he went backwards . There was a lot of criticism coming our way because of how we signed him . I read very recently in a double page spread , in the Mail I think,that he had signed for a foreign club , got his head sorted out and was making it big again in football. Shows that it can be done

Until Edwards, who has "been on the cusp" for a couple of years now, starts featuring in the first team for whatever competition I am ignoring him.

I thought this year might be it. But he has not shown he has the mental fortitude to make it and that has come from several sources.

He is a waste of time until he proves otherwise. And that is Pochettino's decision.

Afraid it's all down to what's going on in his personal life; he failed to arrive on time for a single training session and was also late for team meetings, which wound up Farke and Norwich’s senior professionals no end.

He's an introvert and was described to me by one person as being socially inept - how much that impacts on his development seems now to be showing.

He has the skills, but we have a man-management issue with him now more than anything: How do we get him to fulfil his potential when he doesn't accept normal squad disciplines?

Think that was John Bostock . He was supposed to be the next superstar but sadly he went backwards . There was a lot of criticism coming our way because of how we signed him . I read very recently in a double page spread , in the Mail I think,that he had signed for a foreign club , got his head sorted out and was making it big again in football. Shows that it can be done

John, got back in with Royal Antwerp - and really impressed, went to Lens and came on leaps and bounds - got snapped up by Supalige side Bursaspor in January, but hasn't put a foot on the pitch for them yet...if he makes his mark with Bursaspor, he'll be back in the big time....

John, got back in with Royal Antwerp - and really impressed, went to Lens and came on leaps and bounds - got snapped up by Supalige side Bursaspor in January, but hasn't put a foot on the pitch for them yet...if he makes his mark with Bursaspor, he'll be back in the big time....
Thanks Ex It's good to know that when things sometimes go wrong , there are people out there willing and able to help these lads get back on track . Hopefully the same can be said of young Marcus

On the subject of promising youngsters. What has happened to KWP ? With Aurier being a disappointment and after Kyle's MOM performance in the first game of the season why has he not been given more game time ? I feel sorry for the kid.

On the subject of promising youngsters. What has happened to KWP ? With Aurier being a disappointment and after Kyle's MOM performance in the first game of the season why has he not been given more game time ? I feel sorry for the kid.

So do I, I think he's a better all round RB than Trippier already, but sitting pulling splinters out of his arse for a season will have sent him backwards - supposedly we've offered him a new deal that he's dragging his feet on - which suggests he/his agent sees his future elsewhere - the summer window will show us.

So do I, I think he's a better all round RB than Trippier already, but sitting pulling splinters out of his arse for a season will have sent him backwards - supposedly we've offered him a new deal that he's dragging his feet on - which suggests he/his agent sees his future elsewhere - the summer window will show us.

Can only assume he's dogshit in training because he's been great when selected, which can't be said of Aurier.

Can only assume he's dogshit in training because he's been great when selected, which can't be said of Aurier.

I do know that the belief was (not sure if it is now) is that he had to develop his upper body strength and fill out his frame - I haven't spoken to anyone about him for a good long while now, so don't know if that's changed - but I did agree for all his promise that physically he had to become strong and my only surprise is we didn't let him go out on loan, as more than a few clubs were asking after him - could be he turned them down.

I think KWP is a victim of his own versatility. Ultimately, his best position is RB, not LB. He had a shocker (1st half) in the FA Cup away from home and got the hook at half time from memory.

Against Watford, I've play both him and Toby and revert to a back 3 with wing-backs. As I've said on other threads, I'm bored of complaining about the full-backs every week. Let's change it and let them play as wing-backs and start rolling over these sides. That's how we finished last season.

I think KWP is a victim of his own versatility. Ultimately, his best position is RB, not LB. He had a shocker (1st half) in the FA Cup away from home and got the hook at half time from memory.

Against Watford, I've play both him and Toby and revert to a back 3 with wing-backs. As I've said on other threads, I'm bored of complaining about the full-backs every week. Let's change it and let them play as wing-backs and start rolling over these sides. That's how we finished last season.

I'm not a fan of wing backs but like you if the system is built for wing backs it makes sense to play wing backs. lol

Never understood why Poch never brought in out and out wing backs. He brings in full backs but none of them have the quality to be a wing back. They are either too slow, or don't have the brains or athleticism.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/979037856063778818/-5qZeAkM_bigger.jpg[/IMG][B]Hotspur Hacker[/B]‏ @[B]HotspurHacker[/B] 5h5 hours ago
More
'He is of a bizarre level, what he can do is not normal. I have not experienced a better player in my career and Mauricio Pochettino did not make that comparison with Messi for nothing.' — SBV Excelsior's Jeffry Fortes on teammate Marcus Edwards.
Dz1mdCDX0AA4Ds2.jpg

Marcus Edwards

So my understanding is that he's out of contract on 30 June, but haven't heard that he's signed a pre-contract agreement with another club. Unless we have the 1 year extension option, it surely has to be touch and go whether he's still at the club next season.

Hearing that Edwards is working hard and talking up his future.