Marcus Edwards goes to Excelsior | Vital Football

Marcus Edwards goes to Excelsior

Spursex

Alert Team
Marcus Edwards has joined Eredivisie club Excelsior on a season-long loan.

Marcus had this to say:

"When I heard about the interest I did not have to think about it for a long time," a delighted Edwards said.

"I have been following the Dutch Eredivisie for some time and I think that football fits me here. I honestly did not know much about Excelsior, but I looked up a few things and what I read really appealed to me.

"I still have to meet everyone, but I already feel welcome. There is a great atmosphere at this club."

Not a bad strategy to send him to a laid back country like Holland. I'm sure the natives will teach him how to smoke weed, go to naked saunas and borrow a bike or two to cycle around the city.
How much is the air fare Muttley ? .......I like the sound of this . Can you recommend somewhere to stay :wahey:

Whoever called him the next Bostock was spot on. You know as a long term watcher of this lad I no longer care, and here's why. If he was to suddenly blossom (he won't he lacks both the physical and mental gifts) he'd screw us. He'd jump ship to a city United or Chelsea first chance he got there's no love for Spurs beyond his own career that I can discern and Poch knows it. Fortunately he's found his level his ceiling would be Giovanni Dos Santos. That's at his maximum

Whoever called him the next Bostock was spot on. You know as a long term watcher of this lad I no longer care, and here's why. If he was to suddenly blossom (he won't he lacks both the physical and mental gifts) he'd screw us. He'd jump ship to a city United or Chelsea first chance he got there's no love for Spurs beyond his own career that I can discern and Poch knows it. Fortunately he's found his level his ceiling would be Giovanni Dos Santos. That's at his maximum
Sad to hear, but I suspect you're spot on.

Sad to hear, but I suspect you're spot on.

Yep, at the moment it looks like Spurdon has the situation pegged.

Can't say I see the sense in sending him to Holland other than showcasing his talents towards the Bundesliga and Erdivision - so hoping we'll sell him for more to a lessor league - Hope I'm wrong.

It occured to me that maybe we're/he is trying to emulate Mason Mount, who went to Holland and had a career forming season before coming back to the chaves - who I know loaned him out again ?

I gave up on this kid last year when he was given the opportunity by MP to prove himself and he failed.

It would have to be a significant life-changing event in order for his mentality to change.

It occured to me that maybe we're/he is trying to emulate Mason Mount, who went to Holland and had a career forming season before coming back to the chaves - who I know loaned him out again ?

I hope maybe we figure a year of regular football in a less physical league, but still against men, away from home comforts and where no one knows who he is will allow him to focus on his game and develop technically without seeing him kicked up in the air like Oduwa was in Scotland. Sometimes throwing someone who needs to toughen up into a physical league can have the reverse effect.

I suspect however he'll be back here in January after not fitting in and end up going to the Bundesliga for nothing at the end of the season.

WW - Let's go. I'll ride a tandem and smoke weed with you......no way I'm "hanging out" with you in a sauna though :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
So we are not going on a naked bike ride around the city either then ? Not sure I would be happy on a tandem anyway ,at least not if I was at the back end .
It all sounded so good at first :smoke:

Picked up alot of positive plaudits for his first appearance - came on with 10 mins to go and impressed just about everyone!!

It has emerged that he's been sent there so that he'd almost be guaranteed first team football....and that we are expecting to stay with us after his loan.

He seems to be commited: