Marcus Edwards - First Edition | Page 4 | Vital Football

Marcus Edwards - First Edition

He's had two pretty bad injuries in a row - which looks to have halted his progress,

I'm hoping that he'll be back to his best soon ; but as always with kids, you just don't know what will happen next - he's still got a lot of developing to do.

Hope he has a good tournament, it will be great to see if he's fully recovered and can have an impact.

Looks very small but is same size as Winks and he is proving to be big enough to deal with top flight. 5'10" in old money. Just shows how big the other U19s are. Will be interesting to see if he starts v Germany in last group match.

You can't help but think that given his size establishing himself in the PL is going to a long hard physcial slog.

I hope it isn't.

He did well, nice touch and control..

http://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/spurs-youngster-sets-up-winning-13294397

What position do we see him playing at ? Lots of competition in MF. Is he more from the flanks or central.?

He is quick and tricky to deal with, will probably draw a lot of fouls.

That height figure, does it include his hair ?

He has so much talent. That control and agility is just natural talent. Surely we have to push him on this season?

Is there another link to the video. I can't get that to work.

Real Deal - 7/7/2017 15:21

He has so much talent. That control and agility is just natural talent. Surely we have to push him on this season?

After last seasons set back(s), I wouldn't be surprised to see us loan him out - he needs regular playing time now - but it's going to be tricky, he needs top class football not just being hit physically week in week out - dare I say it, Celtic would be ideal for him and by all accounts they're pushing to get him on loan...

As for where will his final position be - he's a natural tricky winger in the Lennon mode (but perhaps potentially better), but he can also play as a play maker - but again I suspect that the PL would see the sh*t being knocked out of him again and again..

let's hope he can re-continue what was his impressive progress.

I know he is smallish but Lennon seemed to cope ok with the physical stuff. He may get targeted but the refs should know that.

If he's got enough about him, Poch will give him his chance, the one thing Poch can't be accused of is stagnating the kids.

He didn't make it on against Germany - they were big and very physical and had a hand in two early injuries and subs we had to make - but we still won pretty easily...probably the easiest I've ever seen us beat any German international side.

Let's hope he gets a run out in the semi final.

One dribble another assist to set up winner in semi. Doesn't look like a Poch hard worker. We will see. I am not going to get too excited.

whiteghost - 12/7/2017 22:09

One dribble another assist to set up winner in semi. Doesn't look like a Poch hard worker. We will see. I am not going to get too excited.

He really is an old fashioned winger with skills, low centre of gravity had them all tied up again - as you say, doesn't look like a chase-back, close down, counter press hard worker - maybe just what we need to turn games... :10:

Anyway, well done England, another final - our youngsters really are looking pretty damn good.