Marc Bola - Signed | Vital Football

Marc Bola - Signed

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Marc Bola has today become Blackpool’s 11th signing of the summer on an initial one-year deal, with the option of a further year.
The left-back, 20, arrives at Bloomfield Road following his release from Arsenal, having been on the books of the Premier League club since the age of 13.

Last season he made 23 appearances during a loan spell at Bristol Rovers in Sky Bet League One, featuring twice against The Seasiders.
Prior to that, he also spent time on loan with Notts County, playing a further 13 games in The EFL.
Manager Gary Bowyer said:
“Marc is a very athletic player with a strong football background from his time at Arsenal. He played against us for Bristol Rovers last season and he fits the model of our recruitment. He’s young, hungry, determined to impress and will provide good competition in the defensive line.”
Marc Bola added:
“I’m delighted to join Blackpool and I just can’t wait to get started. I’ve had great years at Arsenal and I’m looking forward to building a new chapter now. I kind of got used to the league when I was at Bristol Rovers on loan and I now just want to play more games and prove how good I am.”

He played against us at right back when we played Rovers at their place and I was very impressed.

Brizzle fans loved him

Arsenal academy starlet Marc Bola was signed by Bristol Rovers on a season-long loan last summer and has had a superb season at the Memorial Stadium.
The 20-year-old was signed by manager Darrell Clarke with the ability to play in a number of roles, but mostly as competition at left-back for Lee Brown.

After a successful loan spell at League Two outfit Notts County, the youngster came to the Gas looking to develop further as a player.
READ MORE

JMP_Bristol_Rovers_v_Bury_da008JPG.jpg

Marc Bola of Bristol Rovers takes on Bury
On the acquisition of Bola, Clarke told the club’s website: “Marc is highly rated by Arsenal and I would like to thank them for allowing him to join us on loan.
“He gained valuable league experience with Notts County last season and his arrival means that we now have competition for every position along the back line.”
The defender ended up playing 23 times for Rovers this season is all competitions and was in Clarke's match day squad in League One for 36 games, starting 15 and appearing off the bench three times.
He also turned out against Championship sides Fulham and Wolves, who of course have both been promoted to the Premier League, who the Gas faced their higher league opponents in the Carabao Cup.

In the 1-0 win against Fulham Bola started at right back and had to contend with Championship player of the season Ryan Sessegnon, albeit for just the final eight minutes of the match.
Showing his versatility in the following round Bola was employed at his more accustomed left back role and again helped Rovers keep a clean sheet for 90 minutes sending the game to extra time, when Bright Enobakhare scored to settle the tie.
Still highly promising.

READ MORE

JMP_Bristol_Rovers_v_Shrewsbury_RT0108.jpg

Marc Bola
The only real blip on Bola's copy book at Rovers came in a 1-1 draw with Peterborough when manager Clarke hooked him off after just 29 minutes, switching formation from five at the back to 4-4-2.
Explaining the move at the time Clarke said: “He [Bola] had got booked as well,” said Clarke, explaining his tactical change."
“It doesn’t matter what formation you play if you keep giving the ball away every time you’ve got it, you’ll be under the cosh. I had to make a tough decision, it’s just the way is it.”
Before his arrival in the summer transfer window, the Englishman had played a variety of football.
In the 2016/17 season, he played 11 games for Arsenal's U23s until December and then made 13 appearances in the latter half of the season for Notts County.

The defender had not featured in Arsene Wenger's plans since signing his first professional contract in April 2016, with the left-back position dominated by the likes of NachMonro eal, Sead Kolasinac and Kieran Gibbs.
READ MORE
Though Bola’s talent cannot be underestimated with a Rovers fan commenting:
“Don't think people understand how good Marc Bola is. Very powerful, tricky, agile and tall.”
With a new man coming in at Arsenal, with Wenger stepping down, and Bola's contract at the club finishing this summer the young defender's future is up in the air.
Speaking back in February about the possibility of adding Bola to the Pirates' squad long term, Clarke said: “Bola has done quite well; he’s done okay,”
“He’s a young lad.
“There was a recent I brought him and Dom Telford [striker from Stoke City] in on loan this season – they’re out of contract in the summer. I'm not sure what’s happening at those clubs.
“I looked at the bigger picture with those two if they potentially get released. It was about working on them as a project.”

JMP_Oldham_Athletic_v_Bristol_Rovers_RS_031JPG.jpg

Marc Bola of Bristol Rovers takes on Gevaro Nepomuceno of Oldham AthleticSo was the loan a success?
Yes - we got to see enough of Bola to see there is some serious potential there. You don't get a contract at a Premier League club without having some talent.
With Lee Brown having left the club Clarke is certainly looking to add to his options at left back.
And with Clarke able to assess him comprehensively over the 1874 minutes he racked up for the club this season, as well as endless hours on the training pitch, there is a decent chance the Arsenal man could be back in the blue and white quarters again.

Good job his first name isn't Eddie of similar, otherwise he'd be known as Ebola and it'd give everyone the right shits....