Maranakis tells players to 'Go choke' | Page 2 | Vital Football

Maranakis tells players to 'Go choke'

Spot on.y

He has achieved a 17th place finish from a 21st finish the season before. He has spent fuck all of his own money on fees.

There have been some good things, but we are talking about examples of basic competence after years of ridiculousness. We haven't been wowed yet.

So no, he hasn't earned the right for us to be completely blind to his antics.

Any idiot can spout off in public

"He has spent fuck all of his own money on fees."

He cant spend any of his money on fees while we are a loss making club; he has to spend it on covering the short fall so that we are FFP compliant.

Imagine if that was Fawaz who had said that

Some on this site would have been crying blue murder

Where’s jimmy?

The difference is that Fawaz rewarded failure by giving rubbish like Lansbury PL type contracts.

Personally I do not have any problem with owners reacting, or overreacting, to failure, provided it is within reason.

How many times do you hear the stories about players not performing for the team or managers losing the dressing room?

Look at Stoke and WBA for the most recent examples; and the very people responsible for the failure never cop the flak.

I hope Marianakis brings some of it to Nottingham; it would make a refreshing change to see under performing players paraded around the streets in a set of stocks.

"He has spent fuck all of his own money on fees."

He cant spend any of his money on fees while we are a loss making club; he has to spend it on covering the short fall so that we are FFP compliant.

Maybe so Mao.

But he hasn't revolutionised the playing squad, is what I was getting at.

The Hasawi's came in and in 3 months had signed a new squad which came within a point of the playoffs. They even put those big screens in, which is the only ground improvements this century that I can think of.

And they were shit.

We haven't seen that from Marinakis.

That doesn't mean he's a bad owner, doing it wrong, clueless or any of that.

But it also doesn't mean it's hero worship time.

He'll get the same scepticism and scrutiny from me that Fawaz got

Just focus on what Marinakis does at Forest and leave things alone what he does in Greece. It's a Greek thing, I don't expect you to understand it.

We've had this song and dance before about not understanding our chairman's culture to justify the indefensible. The more things change...

The difference is that Fawaz rewarded failure by giving rubbish like Lansbury PL type contracts.

Personally I do not have any problem with owners reacting, or overreacting, to failure, provided it is within reason.

How many times do you hear the stories about players not performing for the team or managers losing the dressing room?

Look at Stoke and WBA for the most recent examples; and the very people responsible for the failure never cop the flak.

I hope Marianakis brings some of it to Nottingham; it would make a refreshing change to see under performing players paraded around the streets in a set of stocks.

You believe that's an appropriate tone for a chairman to take? Ho hum.

I was hoping it was out of context & badly translated. I will use the Fawaz rimmers excuse & say English isn’t his first language & it’s the cultural norm in Greece to do this.

Spot on.y

He has achieved a 17th place finish from a 21st finish the season before. He has spent fuck all of his own money on fees.

There have been some good things, but we are talking about examples of basic competence after years of ridiculousness. We haven't been wowed yet.

Yes but in four years we should be champions if we keep moving up four places .:thumbup:

Spot on.y

That last line, oh the irony!
Can't say I am too fussed about this. Done ok so far, nothing more.

That last line, oh the irony!
Can't say I am too fussed about this. Done ok so far, nothing more.

Proving it a touch yourself Mike, attacking me out of no where.
Because he has studied in England, he has lived in England, he speaks fluent English, Have you studied in Greece, lived in Greece, do you speak Greek?

No, hence why I have not attempted to purchase a Greek football club.

Perhaps you are right- perhaps horrendous public admonishment of employees is a 'Greek thing' that we northern Europeans don't understand.

He can do whatever he likes with his own football club and the time to worry is if he does it here, which he hasn't.

But I don't have to approve of what he has said any more than I have to approve of Trump's rhetoric just because it is an 'american thing'

Proving it a touch yourself Mike, attacking me out of no where.

No, hence why I have not attempted to purchase a Greek football club.

Perhaps you are right- perhaps horrendous public admonishment of employees is a 'Greek thing' that we northern Europeans don't understand.

He can do whatever he likes with his own football club and the time to worry is if he does it here, which he hasn't.

But I don't have to approve of what he has said any more than I have to approve of Trump's rhetoric just because it is an 'american thing'

How about a bit more tolerance since u r both right. Sniffer is right in that it is not seen as anything other than expected frustration- fans are saying much worse.

Pope is right because that type of language in the UK might see you in a tribunal. But he wasn't in the UK and did not refer to our players.

Pope is also right to say no wow factor yet- not necessarily a bad thing as we saw what the last flash Harry did. Steady progress was and is still needed- we have seen it off the pitch. Now is time to see it on the pitch.

Scrutiny is welcome after cookware (mmm that should be fookwas) but let's not have a witch hunt over a throw away comment in another country aimed at someone else.

How about a bit more tolerance since u r both right. Sniffer is right in that it is not seen as anything other than expected frustration- fans are saying much worse.

Pope is right because that type of language in the UK might see you in a tribunal. But he wasn't in the UK and did not refer to our players.

Pope is also right to say no wow factor yet- not necessarily a bad thing as we saw what the last flash Harry did. Steady progress was and is still needed- we have seen it off the pitch. Now is time to see it on the pitch.

Scrutiny is welcome after cookware (mmm that should be fookwas) but let's not have a witch hunt over a throw away comment in another country aimed at someone else.

+1

Why don't you post like this more often?