MApp paper talk | Page 6 | Vital Football

MApp paper talk

I'd imagine their Chairman (a hugely wealthy man) will look to tool someone like Cook or particularly Howe, or the ex-Watford/Fulham manager up with a promotion push next season.

Cook is very good manager, if wasn't for how badly run Wigan were they've finished comfortably midtable.

Hello Lads I hope you are well? Just to give a West Brom view. It all depends on if Fat Sham walks. The thing is Micheal Appleton has a ton of connections at the Club. His best mate is Luke Dowling (DoF). Ken Xu (chairman) also hired him when we were taken down by Pulis and Pardew. Moore and Appleton almost kept us up. If he had stayed and not gone to leicester, I think Moore's Tenure would have gone differently. I couldn't see the Cowley's being employed way back when. Sadly I can see it happening this time stay safe

Hello Lads I hope you are well? Just to give a West Brom view. It all depends on if Fat Sham walks. The thing is Micheal Appleton has a ton of connections at the Club. His best mate is Luke Dowling (DoF). Ken Xu (chairman) also hired him when we were taken down by Pulis and Pardew. Moore and Appleton almost kept us up. If he had stayed and not gone to leicester, I think Moore's Tenure would have gone differently. I couldn't see the Cowley's being employed way back when. Sadly I can see it happening this time stay safe

On a different topic whilst you are on, I could never understand why the Baggies let Darren Moore go.

And yes, I think you may have something re MApp and the Baggies, but if it didn’t work for Darren why would it work out any better for MApp. A lot of patience is required for who ever takes the Baggies job if a vacancy arises.

You can't help but notice the 3 clubs that went up last season are in the bottom 5.
Long way to go yet, but if we do over achieve and get there, will he relish the challenge to keep us there?
How long is a piece of string?

You can't help but notice the 3 clubs that went up last season are in the bottom 5.
Long way to go yet, but if we do over achieve and get there, will he relish the challenge to keep us there?
How long is a piece of string?
More than happy for us to over achieve.To see us play in the second tier no matter how it goes is the chance that I never thought would come again. I just want that chance to come to fruition.

On a different topic whilst you are on, I could never understand why the Baggies let Darren Moore go.

Had Mapp stayed He would have been No. 2 but highly regarded. The Lsicester job came up he took it. Moore went solo for awhile, and, we played really well. When asked who he wanted as No.2 he chose Graeme Jones, who at the time was Belgium coach. Jones wanted to be Luton Manager A fact that bacame clear very very quickly. We spent a ton buying out his Belgium contract. He was disliked by Management, players and fans alike as he would change Moore's tactics mid games and lose. Anyway the club found out he was trying to get the Luton job and sacked him. Moore showing loyality to him said basically he goes, I go. so they fired him too. I can see both sides and feel sorry for Moore, but, he chose that hill to die on.

And yes, I think you may have something re MApp and the Baggies, but if it didn’t work for Darren why would it work out any better for MApp. A lot of patience is required for who ever takes the Baggies job if a vacancy arises.

Well the owner wants out. I really liked Bilic but it started to go bad for him after the restart and if I'm Honest Brentford should have got automatic. Although the wants. He did buy all of Bilic's targets but the Squad was just not good enough for the Prem. Sham's brought in quality but it's too little too late. He might want to see the job through and stay as he's on a decent whack for one more year. Or, he could walk when it's inevitable. but to Get the price the owner wants he'll have to back a rebuild. Which I'll think he'll do for a year. Which is why Mapp is so attractive as between him and dowling they can build side capable of going straight back up he know the club and the academy and is fresh.

Well the owner wants out. I really liked Bilic but it started to go bad for him after the restart and if I'm Honest Brentford should have got automatic. Although the wants. He did buy all of Bilic's targets but the Squad was just not good enough for the Prem. Sham's brought in quality but it's too little too late. He might want to see the job through and stay as he's on a decent whack for one more year. Or, he could walk when it's inevitable. but to Get the price the owner wants he'll have to back a rebuild. Which I'll think he'll do for a year. Which is why Mapp is so attractive as between him and dowling they can build side capable of going straight back up he know the club and the academy and is fresh.
Bloody hell, I hope West Brom dont read this thread - you may well have just talked them into making a bid for him at the end of the season.

West Brom, too good for the championship but always struggle to stay in the premiership.

Thing with West Brom is that you think back a decade and they were constantly finishing 12th and above every season in the Premier. 8th one season under Clarke, but then the owners changed and they became ambitious beyond their abilities and as a consequence the rot settled in and they are now the atypical yo-yo club