MApp paper talk | Page 4 | Vital Football

MApp paper talk

Depending on who does the press conference tomorrow, it could get asked. Rob Makepeace would ask about it and Hortin wouldn’t.

Paul Cook is evens with other bookies, the Bristol press were saying he's favourite with Howe and Appleton in the frame.

Appleton's a useless manager and coach, has bad hygiene, the players hate him, and he only turns up for training when the sun is shining. No club should touch him with a 10 foot barge pole. Feel free to circulate these obvious and unquestioning facts around the EFL.

MApps history on moving from a club he has done well at, to a struggling club, suggests that the Gods are NOT on our side. Would be more than gutted to see him go, but he does have a reputation for doing exactly what we don't want him to.
So if he does go it will be no surprise really. He would be a complete fool too go, leaving a club on the up, with excellent fanbase, stunning board and chairman, and a team filled with youthful talent. To go to a team on a downward spiral, average older players, and a fanbase that is very judgemental.

Had we beaten Sunderland the other night and had a Wembley appearance to look forward to, I wouldn't be so concerned.
But in truth I am seriously concerned that history will repeat itself, and we will be another Oxford.

MApps history on moving from a club he has done well at, to a struggling club, suggests that the Gods are NOT on our side. Would be more than gutted to see him go, but he does have a reputation for doing exactly what we don't want him to.
So if he does go it will be no surprise really. He would be a complete fool too go, leaving a club on the up, with excellent fanbase, stunning board and chairman, and a team filled with youthful talent. To go to a team on a downward spiral, average older players, and a fanbase that is very judgemental.

Had we beaten Sunderland the other night and had a Wembley appearance to look forward to, I wouldn't be so concerned.
But in truth I am seriously concerned that history will repeat itself, and we will be another Oxford.
But we haven’t achieved anything yet and are on the cusp. Why would he leave now (don’t answer that - nothing surprises me in football). If MA left I would be equally concerned if Jez George and the backroom staff that do the recruitment left - that would really put the nail in the coffin.

When did he move from a club hes done well at to a struggling club? I thought his spells at Portsmouth, Blackpool and Blackburn were pretty unsuccessful... and he left Oxford to go to Leicester as a no.2.

That BCFC board makes this one read like a university blackboard system.

They start off moaning (completely unjustified) then they realise they have no idea then they reverse their initial decision. See they have similar thoughts about Cook.

I also see that they are 14th in the championship - oh I really feel for them I bet its standing room only on the Clifton suspension bridge.

anybody (unless given a kinds ransom) would be crazy to go there, couple of indifferent results and you would be hounded out by the rabid fans.

I am sure the football world is the same as the real one - when you go for a new role you also consider the environment. the one at Ashton Gate doesn’t appear very nice.

That BCFC board makes this one read like a university blackboard system.

They start off moaning (completely unjustified) then they realise they have no idea then they reverse their initial decision. See they have similar thoughts about Cook.

I also see that they are 14th in the championship - oh I really feel for them I bet its standing room only on the Clifton suspension bridge.

anybody (unless given a kinds ransom) would be crazy to go there, couple of indifferent results and you would be hounded out by the rabid fans.

I am sure the football world is the same as the real one - when you go for a new role you also consider the environment. the one at Ashton Gate doesn’t appear very nice.
As one of them points out, they've won five trophies in their entire history. It's over 40 years since they were in the top flight, yet they seem to think that's where they should be.
tenor.gif

Indeed in the last 20 years they have been equally split between league 1 and the championship. They don’t want our pub team manager