Mansfield | Vital Football

Mansfield

I wasn't at the game and haven't seen any highlight so can't really comment on the officiating or performance.
However, Pools issue - for a long time - is their inability to deal with high balls into the box.Hence the urgency to bring in a dominant centre half in the Transfer Window.

By all accounts Mansfield played us off the park and the result flattered us. I still find it hard to take that from a 2 nil lead we couldn't get a least a point from the game. Our goals against column is becoming alarming.

Without looking for excuses for the players, I do wonder how much the Covid outbreak in the squad took out of players.
Like you Alf2 I'm concerned by the GD as it is steadily getting worse!

Overall my biggest disappointment / frustration is the lack of impact from the players signed, by DC, in the summer. Only Cullen, Byrne and, to an extent, Daly have tied down starting berths; most of the rest struggle to even get on the bench!

Ryan Ogle looks solid but he deputizes for Sterry so struggles for opportunities. Apart from that, yes generally, Challinor signed quite a lot of duffers