Man's best friend | Page 14 | Vital Football

Man's best friend

We put a GPS tracker on our two family Spaniels last week. They ran 21 miles, just playing in the garden.

They're mental.
They are mental Heath, but I wish I had discovered the joy of Spaniels long before getting this one. If we had a country place I would have had half a dozen of the barmy buggers.
I only have to look at ours, and my mood instantly brightens and puts a smile on my face.
I dont suffer with anxiety, or depression but if I did I would rather have one of these, better than any medication.

Yep, a short visit to my sister always cheers me up. He's 9 months old now, and always up to mischief.

He gets so bad sometimes, they call it Menace Mode. He actively hunts for things to steal. It makes me laugh so much.

Lola, in her element, but lookin a bit old now, but beautiful.View attachment 41620
It is with great sadness that we said goodbye to our beloved Lola in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
My wife, my son and I were together when Lola pushed her way though a litter of nine pups with a toy pheasant in her mouth and chose us as her family, and we were with her at the vets in the early hours to be with her at the end of her life.
A joy and a privilege to have had her as our loyal friend for twelve years.
She rests now in our garden so we can still have a chat with her, but at the moment we are heartbroken, a huge hole in our lives.
RIP our Lola.

It is with great sadness that we said goodbye to our beloved Lola in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
My wife, my son and I were together when Lola pushed her way though a litter of nine pups with a toy pheasant in her mouth and chose us as her family, and we were with her at the vets in the early hours to be with her at the end of her life.
She rests now in our garden so we can still have a chat with her, but at the moment we are heartbroken, a huge hole in our lives.
RIP our Lola.

So sad mate.

Sounds like she was much loved and lived a long and happy life . In time that will be the comfort.

RIP our Lola.
So sorry to hear about this. We lost our wonderful girl just before Christmas, so I totally appreciate how you’re feeling. Thoughts with you and your family mate.

RIP our Lola.

So sorry to hear about your families sad loss. Never easy losing a pet. Time will help heal the pain, and thoughts of all the good times will remain.

RIP our Lola.
very sorry to hear of your loss for you all. Rest in peace Lola

RIP our Lola.

So sorry to hear that mate.

RIP Lola.

So sorry to hear about this. We lost our wonderful girl just before Christmas, so I totally appreciate how you’re feeling. Thoughts with you and your family mate.
Thank you JPA, I remember.
I looked for your tribute to Holly this morning, but couldnt see it.
Did see your comment about a walk though, and I went with wife yesterday up onto the moor, and yes it all seemed a bit empty without Lola pissing about like Springers do.

It's so hard, you have happy memories and that is all we can take . We gave them a great loving life.
i have 2 beautiful dogs , one is 8 and one is 10 so we are into the autumn years . they are like my children , i cannot imagine life without them we are together always.
dogs are a big commitment in my opinion its worth it. but you have to prepare yourselves for the inevitable which in my opinion is impossible. I cried just reading Wittonites post on Lola . Not ashamed to say that, dogs are a huge investment in emotions.

Last edited: