Man's best friend | Page 12 | Vital Football

Man's best friend

Dee the little cat is gone I'm sad to report.

Missing 3 weeks, and then we get a notification about a little black and white cat after being hit by a van not far from the area. Even though she had been missing for so long, the incident just happened last Thursday, so she was still around as we were looking for her. It was confirmed by the council today, who identified her from her collar. She was only 2 years old.

Absolutely heartbroken, and will miss her forever, but so thankful for the joy she brought us.
Sad mate, why do we get so attached to our pets?

Thanks everyone, been a hard one to deal with, had pets die of old age before, but not in this manner. We need to keep her brother Dennis in chains from now on I think. I wonder if he notices she's gone, sad to think about it.

Sad mate, why do we get so attached to our pets?

Don't know mate, it's a funny one. I guess if you love something to bits, whether it's a cat, dog or a tadpole, when it goes you really grieve. It's like losing a family member almost.

Oh dear . Seems like pooch has got full on attachment issues brought on by having company everyday for nearly a year.
My retired mum and dad have always taken her out for walks and more so since lockdown. She loves them, especially my Dad, whom she has a bit of an obsession with which is a standing joke in the family, and normally trots off with them no problem.

But last 2 times they have come round she has greeted them as normal but refused to go for a walk. Sits down, goes back in the house. Definitely think its to do with someone being with her at home since the pandemic. She will be in the dining room as Mrs M or both of us work. In normal times she is left home alone most of the week and that has never been an issue.

Today, me going with them for a short bit and skulking off without her noticing was the only way she would go with them.

Stupid bloody thing.

Last edited:
I met a Cockapoo puppy called Harley the other day. We got on very well and I very much look forward to seeing him again one fine day! He's my parents neighbours dog. Very cute!

Strange the instagram have stopped embedding, have asked the techies but no response from weeks and weeks ago.

200.gif

Could always ask Newsnow?

200w.gif

Big day, today. My Sister's pup was let off the lead for the first time.

We've been putting it off, because he doesn't always respond to his name or the whistle. It's almost like he has selective hearing.

We needn't have worried. He is so attached to my Sis, he never went far away at all, and did come back every time he was called. It was so lovely to watch him run free.

Big day, today. My Sister's pup was let off the lead for the first time.

We've been putting it off, because he doesn't always respond to his name or the whistle. It's almost like he has selective hearing.

We needn't have worried. He is so attached to my Sis, he never went far away at all, and did come back every time he was called. It was so lovely to watch him run free.

I would be very sad if I couldn’t let Melon pooch off her lead. It’s the main fun but certainly something that needs time and effort in the training .
She is whistled trained to a large degree. I say that becuase being a Lab, if she finds something to eat she ain’t coming !.
Today she was scarily far away but I was a bit showy as there was another dog walker about with his on a lead and melon pooch responded to the whistle and caught me up.