Man's best friend | Page 11 | Vital Football

Man's best friend

Dee, one of the cats (my cat niece) has been missing for over 2 weeks now, she hasn't come home.

It's a bit worrying really, despite the fact she was gone for around 5 nights before and showed up again. Unlike her brother Dennis, who shows up at the door first thing in the morning for food and affection, Dee has always been a bit more independent.

Anyone ever dealt with missing pets before?

Yeah, she has her collar with her name and a phone number, and thankfully nobody has called.

There has been some sightings on the estate from neighbours but it's hard to know if it's her. There's an old abandoned pub beside the estate she grew fond of, but that was searched top to bottom.

Broke my heart seeing her little face on a lost pets Facebook page. Bloody stupid cats.

Dee, one of the cats (my cat niece) has been missing for over 2 weeks now, she hasn't come home.

It's a bit worrying really, despite the fact she was gone for around 5 nights before and showed up again. Unlike her brother Dennis, who shows up at the door first thing in the morning for food and affection, Dee has always been a bit more independent.

Anyone ever dealt with missing pets before?

Yes, one of our male ragdolls got out and was missing for 2 weeks. We have pet insurance which paid for professional posters. My wife put them up in the area and sure enough he came back the same night. It was obvious that someone in the area had taken him, saw the posters and knew it was only a matter of time before they got found out.

Another suggestion is to put a post on your local facebook neighbourhood group. Ask people to check their sheds and garages etc.

It is pretty normal for cats to disappear for a couple of weeks.

Yeah, she has her collar with her name and a phone number, and thankfully nobody has called.

There has been some sightings on the estate from neighbours but it's hard to know if it's her. There's an old abandoned pub beside the estate she grew fond of, but that was searched top to bottom.

Broke my heart seeing her little face on a lost pets Facebook page. Bloody stupid cats.
Sorry to hear this mate, have you tried a reward, that might encourage people to bring her back. some people are driven by money rather than doing the right thing

Yes, one of our male ragdolls got out and was missing for 2 weeks. We have pet insurance which paid for professional posters. My wife put them up in the area and sure enough he came back the same night. It was obvious that someone in the area had taken him, saw the posters and knew it was only a matter of time before they got found out.

Another suggestion is to put a post on your local facebook neighbourhood group. Ask people to check their sheds and garages etc.

It is pretty normal for cats to disappear for a couple of weeks.

The thought she has been taken crossed my mind, but it would have to be a professional kidnapping crew to get this one, she has no time for people at all apart from her masters.

There's a group chat for the estate, and a few have said they've spotted her, but it's hard to know, they might be seeing any cat, we'll need pictures.

We're hoping she'll turn up sooner or later, she's probably just having a great time out hunting and living the wild life for now.

Sorry to hear this mate, have you tried a reward, that might encourage people to bring her back. some people are driven by money rather than doing the right thing

Yeah, I think my friend put that on the posters, she's had to wait to get them laminated, but I think she's put some up.

There's a huge park beside the estate, I'm heading there tomorrow to scour the place. A motorway intersects the park, so hopefully she hasn't gone near that, as far as I'm aware they're more likely to get run over on country roads rather than big straight motorways, unless they're being really stupid.

Dee the little cat is gone I'm sad to report.

Missing 3 weeks, and then we get a notification about a little black and white cat after being hit by a van not far from the area. Even though she had been missing for so long, the incident just happened last Thursday, so she was still around as we were looking for her. It was confirmed by the council today, who identified her from her collar. She was only 2 years old.

Absolutely heartbroken, and will miss her forever, but so thankful for the joy she brought us.

Missing 3 weeks, and then we get a notification about a little black and white cat after being hit by a van not far from the area. Even though she had been missing for so long, the incident just happened last Thursday, so she was still around as we were looking for her. It was confirmed by the council today, who identified her from her collar. She was only 2 years old.

Absolutely heartbroken, and will miss her forever, but so thankful for the joy she brought us.
So sorry to hear that SJH. Sad times.

Sorry to hear that mate, our little black and white cat survived a car hitting her, somehow got herself home the vet managed to save her £1300 and 8 years later she is still going minus a hip joint and eye.
Sadly we've lost several cats to cars over the years so I do know how you feel