Man's best friend | Page 3 | Vital Football

Man's best friend

LOL, if a cat runs most dogs will chase.

But you watch every dog if a cat stands it's ground. They're scared witless.

My Mum's little Cairn used to run up the next door neighbours drive to bark at the cat in the window. He did it one day, even though the cat wasn't in said window. The cat was sitting on the doorstep. Stupid dog never saw it.

Could make it a pets thread if you wanted, why be animal specific is how I've always lived my life :lol:

Really want to get into my childhood cat who used to nick my coffee? Trop tanks, puffer fish, Oscars etc lol

Few photos though sadly.

Brings me back to Rox, was so pleased to be handed a bone she decided to show the fish in the four foot tank and promptly impailed the side of it - I don't think I've moved so quickly in my life thinking I might have the power to stop water.

Is that his little Chimp toy?

Ours destroyed everything as said previously, but both kiddies had a massive Piglet and Eeyore cuddly, and gave them to Rox when she couldn't get up the stairs anymore assuming she'd have fun and destroy them, but at least it would be a familiar smell with her stuck downstairs in later years.

Never touched them in that sense. Rested her head on both to sleep, used to carry them outside when she went for some sun and then brought them back etc.

The understanding astounded me - even if that's me reading into it.

Shelby does this thing with her toys or even a ball that say when you come in from being out she will initially greet you and then go off get a toy and come back and greet you . She does it with visitors aswell.

I am guessing it's some sort of 'hunting trophy' type thing showing the head of the pack ?

Shelby does this thing with her toys or even a ball that say when you come in from being out she will initially greet you and then go off get a toy and come back and greet you . She does it with visitors aswell.

I am guessing it's some sort of 'hunting trophy' type thing showing the head of the pack ?

I've heard about Spaniels doing that a lot, but not Retrievers. I'll have to look it up. The psychology fascinates me.

Or simply gifting and saying play with me. I was too young to remember (means parents hid) our first dog doing this, but Rox (like cats) used to leave presents at the kitchen backdoor, so that did surprise me.

Ours used to definitely do that with the old man, or others in the house who weren't as regular so to speak, but with ours it was more something you could 'tug of war' with, even down to nicking my jeans out the washer when the door hadn't been closed lol