Man's best friend | Page 2 | Vital Football

Man's best friend

Some of you already know that I'm a bit nutty about dogs. So much so that my "retirement" has been interrupted by requests to look after them to such an extent, I turned it into a business.

I therefore apologise for all the pictures of my "clients" I will be posting forever and ever, now.

These two were only born in February. I was meant to have them in May, but Covid stopped that. It's sad that I missed their puppy months.

IMG-20200811-WA0001.jpg

Some of you already know that I'm a bit nutty about dogs. So much so that my "retirement" has been interrupted by requests to look after them to such an extent, I turned it into a business.

I therefore apologise for all the pictures of my "clients" I will be posting forever and ever, now.

These two were only born in February. I was meant to have them in May, but Covid stopped that. It's sad that I missed their puppy months.

View attachment 41589

Ahhh. Water .
Great in the summer when they dry off quickly. But turn your back in the winter and it’s carnage with a muddy puddle.

Dogs are just brilliant. Took me 40 years to get one then got another . I have the time for them now as before was not home enough

Revelation for me. Life changer in a few ways. Yes there are the restictions at times, have to get home, what to do when you want to go abroad etc. But the good stuff far outweighs the hassles.
But as you say Silhill you have to be in the right circumstances at home really.

My kids keep pestering me for a dog. They have Guinea pigs at the moment. I'd get a dog in a heart beat but I live in a condo. The only dogs I could get are the little handbag ones which don't count in my book.

It's so good to see a thread about dogs. I first had a dog when I was about 8 yrs old and continued having dogs for about 25 years. My parents then took over the batton as I didn't have time to care for a dog properly.

That continued through my fathers' passing, then my mothers passing which left me with Billy, a white West Highland Terrier. Again through circumstances I had to get Billy re-housed. He went to a wonderful home were he was loved and cared for. I used to visit him, but leaving him was too upsetting, so I said I wouldn't be visiting any longer. That was 14 years ago, so he's now gone to the 'pound in the sky'.

Since then, Mrs P has found a liking for dogs so we've agreed that once we go back to Indonesia, we'll get one. What I don't know, only time will tell.

I would happily challenge anyone to have a nuttier dog than my miniature labradoodle. He is off his head.
Had group training, one to one experts, vets tests, everything. The outcome from professionals = he is just wired wrong.
He is nearly 3 now. He has my mrs in tears every day. The vet did offer us valium for him. We denied at the time but he is going to have to go on them i think. We have spent loads of money on him being trained and tested. This seems to be the only option. Its a tad cruel i know and we will maybe just do it for 6 months to try and snap him out of it and see how he goes after.
We have a 1 year old caucasian shepherd too who will probably get to about 80kg ish.
Guess whos the one who gets bullied?

I would happily challenge anyone to have a nuttier dog than my miniature labradoodle. He is off his head.
Had group training, one to one experts, vets tests, everything. The outcome from professionals = he is just wired wrong.
He is nearly 3 now. He has my mrs in tears every day. The vet did offer us valium for him. We denied at the time but he is going to have to go on them i think. We have spent loads of money on him being trained and tested. This seems to be the only option. Its a tad cruel i know and we will maybe just do it for 6 months to try and snap him out of it and see how he goes after.
We have a 1 year old caucasian shepherd too who will probably get to about 80kg ish.
My sister in law has a Romanian Sheepdog she rescued as a three month old pup.
He is huge already, and only just over a year old.
He has a fantastic placid nature and its brilliant to watch him and our Springer race around together.
Springer runs underneath him and he hasnt got a clue where she is.

LOL, I love your Labradoodle already!!!!

I had to Google caucasian shepherd. I believe the correct term for those things is lion! Lol

I had to Google caucasian shepherd. I believe the correct term for those things is lion! Lol
Yeah they are monsters. The biggest one on record was 110kg. In russia they often exceed 100kg.
They are long haired so look bigger but we had to shave ours a few months ago due to an infection and his muscle mass is ridiculous. If he was side by side next to a pitbull it would be like the rock standing next to joe wicks.
Thank god he is soft and gentle and has a brilliant nature. Thank god. If he (jorel) had mad dogs mind (lex) the dog would be a very very very dangerous beast and would probably need to be put to sleep.
I just prey we dont get any burglars because i would actually feel sorry for them.
If jorel didnt eat them then lex would mentally torture them to death.

Yeah they are monsters. The biggest one on record was 110kg. In russia they often exceed 100kg.
They are long haired so look bigger but we had to shave ours a few months ago due to an infection and his muscle mass is ridiculous. If he was side by side next to a pitbull it would be like the rock standing next to joe wicks.
Thank god he is soft and gentle and has a brilliant nature. Thank god. If he (jorel) had mad dogs mind (lex) the dog would be a very very very dangerous beast and would probably need to be put to sleep.
I just prey we dont get any burglars because i would actually feel sorry for them.
If jorel didnt eat them then lex would mentally torture them to death.

Lol .
Jorel and Lex . Good names . Went down a similar route (yours being film ), mine my favourite TV programme- Peaky Blinders.
No brainer when deciding on a name for my pooch .......

Shelby

How old ?.
Looks like a very distinguished lady . Been there done that I have no time for these younger dogs mucking around type.
Very much so mate!

Well, when we had her from Dog's Trust nearly 8 years ago, they said she was 3, but recently the vet said he thought we could add a couple of years to her age, so we reckon she's about 13 now - old timer!

The daily walk is more of a plod these days and she's on heart medication for a murmur. Bless her, she's gorgeous and has the best temperament I have ever seen in a dog, even for a lab.