Mandron gone to Crewe | Vital Football

Mandron gone to Crewe

Good luck Mika.

Not all our fans will be displeased I suppose. Seemed to have so much promise, just not finding the net enough. Will probably get a lot better over the coming seasons.

And what a great way to remember him, that stunner in the last minute of our season at the SoL. Thanks for that one Mika 👍

Last edited:
Pretty good return off the bench, but we have Akinde now. Mandron probably thinks he can start at Crewe, who are now in our league of course.

It’s a shame, I wish he showed more last season. Should he have been given more opportunities first half of the season? That said he looked disinterested at times.

Did a job for us and offered something a bit different. Good luck to him he's always been prepared to move to get playing time. I look forward to future signings to get some idea of what Evans is aiming at.

Scored more league goals than Hanlan in less games, I think he didn't get a decent chance.

This will sound stupid so bear with me to the end.

Hanlan is not a goalscorer. There I said it.

If we judge his contribution on goals scored then he would be released. He causes havoc with his pace and stamina, though he just doesn't do anything with it. He is more of an Andy Barcham than a Cody McDonald.

I think he needs be turned into a wide player where he can use that pace.

Akinde needs a different partner next season because Hanlan is not a goal scorer.

A bit disappointed with this in that both Mandron and Charles-Cook looked like they had a bit about them that could be developed. Replacements will need to have similar promise as we’re unlikely to be competing for the finished article.

I liked him. Good squad player, but easily replaceable. I’m sure some will say there is no way we can compete with a team of the stature and financial clout of Crewe anyway.

Personally I preferred Mandron to Akinde. I know John hasn't been with us long but what I saw in the few games he played (4 out of the 8 he has played in) I haven't been overly impressed.

Fingers crossed that Evans and Raynor will have a squad that brings the best out of him.

Good luck to Mikael at Crewe. Hopefully crowds will be back by the time we play them as i enjoy a trip to Gresty Road.

I liked him. Good squad player, but easily replaceable. I’m sure some will say there is no way we can compete with a team of the stature and financial clout of Crewe anyway.

Err, I don’t think we offered Mandron a contract or were outbid exactly. As mentioned above, he’ll probably be first choice there. Very unlikely to be in our starting X1 so good on him wanting to play rather than have an easy time.

If you are referring to Max signing for Rovers, please have a quick look at their current circumstances. You seem to think any player should think we are way above them in stature and wages. I don’t think we offered Max a contract, but if we did he’d be silly to turn down their offer.

He looked good in some games but then didn't produce in others when given a start. Not sure he ever got given a run of games for whatever reason. If Mandrons decision is based solely on playing time then fair do's, if it's based on our financial offer or where he sees us compared to Crewe then I'm slightly concerned.

The rebuilding job for SE getting bigger by the day.

Edit: SE confirmed yesterday OSK that both Mandron and Hanlon had now both been offered contracts.

Edit: SE confirmed yesterday OSK that both Mandron and Hanlon had now both been offered contracts.

Of course. I did see that but forgot.

Actually, I’d imagine that SE wouldn’t have offered either of them a massive wage. So if Crewe offered something a little better and the bonus of maybe a more regular start then you can’t blame him.

Might find Hanlon is also off if he has other offers. They are likely to be better than ours.

And I would not be surprised if we get in a young loanee or 2 from Champ/Prem to partner Big John up top.

As someone else said, it’s going to be interesting seeing who we do bring in. Probably need maybe 10 or more to get us at least a squad of 17.

Always felt Mandron could cause problems for the opposition. Not shocked to be honest. But we could do worse .Be interesting to see how he does at Crewe. I would imagine he will play a fair bit more .Good signing for them.Definitely worth a punt.Only time will tell if this was the right call for us or them.The fact that Akindie and Mandron were unlikely to partner each other on a regular basis will possibly be a factor.

Last edited:
Must say Gills fans on Facebook are not very complimentary about Mikael. Neither are the fans of his previous clubs.

Crewe fans probably thinking they’ve got a right dud.

If Hanlan and Mandron are to leave hopefully we will get a talented young forward on a permanent contract and a slightly more developed loanee who can cover the position until the new lad is ready to take over.Signing a established goalscorer at league one or even two is almost certainly out of the question.