Mandron & Godden | Page 2 | Vital Football

Mandron & Godden

From what I understood the deal previously broke down because Godden’s agent wanted too much money for himself. Has he reduced his demands or Posh just been more willing to pay money?

possible clever ploy.
convince local competing teams you are after striker a, b, c in the early part of the transfer market, when you have no intention of signing a striker early in the transfer market. low value for money.

once the local teams have signed their full quota of strikers, the competition for the the fella(s) you are really after becomes somewhat less intense

we will have to keep winning the checkatrade AND getting to the fa cup quarter finals each season.
Or make completely unreasonable demands of our owners as per the Notts and Posh models and require Nates to put his hand in all his pockets.
Long Run I do believe that we could be sustainable at League 1 level. Even with crowds dying down to 6000 - 7000 once the current bump reduces.

Godden cost Peterborough £400,000 according to 'sources'.

That is a lot of money for a 27-year-old striker who only scored 10 in League Two last season.

Godden scored well season before and looked lively and quick when we played at their place. I'm not surprised he has gone for a decent whack.

Godden cost Peterborough £400,000 according to 'sources'.

That is a lot of money for a 27-year-old striker who only scored 10 in League Two last season.

Also I know he's a few years younger than Godden is but Marriott got 8 in the league for Luton in 16/17 and has now scored 25+ in League One and will be a Championship player for over a million quid...

Makes you realise we face a task to get anyone in half decent if that’s the sums be exchanged for league 2 strikers.

It Would be 5 times our transfer record it would be like Paris Saint Germain signing a player for a £1b!

I would rather sign our kitman Dick Tacey on professional terms.....providing he has recovered from his kicking down at st james`s park ,Exeter than that pile of kack Mandron.
As for Godden.......he has blown his load and will be heading off non league in the near future.......a waste of timeshare profits.

is it more and more evident that we need to find the player that is about to become a twenty goal striker. not one that is already established.
no use trying to sign stevenage's jewel in the crown. too expensive, and still a risk.
ideally we sign the next marriott who has just scored 8 in the league, but cowley believes is ready to score 25 for us next season. hopefully this is where the research and homework has been carried out.

Also I know he's a few years younger than Godden is but Marriott got 8 in the league for Luton in 16/17 and has now scored 25+ in League One and will be a Championship player for over a million quid...
Think i read last season they want £5/6million for marriott!?

They have accepted a million pound plus bid today apparently

Hope they haven’t flogged Woodward to Ipswich already!

With some of the names and figures being banded about I hope one or two will appreciate Matt Green a little more and consider what his worth may be if we could successfully develop a system where he didn't have to run the channels or play out wide for 80% of the time.