Mandron & Godden | Vital Football

Mandron & Godden

Apparently the hefty wages is the reason Mandron has been rejected by pish like Godden!
As i have said previously this a reason Evans uses consistently for players turning him down ! If your wanting a player wouldnt you ask the agent his possible wage demands before you bid for him ? I think you would!

I heard that Mandron had rejected Pish? Probably not a lot of difference; if any; between a player rejecting a pay offer and a club rejecting a player because of wage demands.

Reports earlier in the week were suggesting the issue with Godden was his agent's demands.

neither of them exactly set the league on fire. but i suppose as you get older and have already had a couple of pro contracts your wage demands go up regardless. another good reason for aiming for an 18/19/20/21 year old with bags of potential, and bags of sell-on potential. the trick is to find a player that is less than a 1000/1 gamble, and then convince them it is worth playing [regularly] in league 2 to further their career...

2017/2018
10 league goal godden. age 26. league goal every 300 minutes. 14 goals in all competitions @ 250mins per goal.
10 league goal mandron. age 23. league goal every 402 minutes.

or for instance:
10 league goal callum lang. age19. league goal every 144 mins. playing for ultra-cautious and struggling morecambe.
6 league goal shawn mccoulsky. age 21. league goal every 143 mins. 11 goals in all competitions @ 123 minutes per goal! assuming his heart problem can be overcome. don't we have a bit of a thing with bristol city - used their training facilities a few times.
9 league goal karlan aherne-grant. age 20. league goal every 148 mins. who has already been mentioned.

all 3 have proven they can score goals at our level.

Let's face it, we simply can't outbid L1 teams - and especially Peterborough who have a money-man.

Let's face it, we simply can't outbid L1 teams - and especially Peterborough who have a money-man.

And let's be clear this will be the size of the challenge of putting a squad together that is competitive if we do get promoted. The wage bill will rise to alarmingly high levels I suspect and that can really be only funded by increased ticket prices if we do get promoted since we are already effectively selling out Sincil Bank most weeks.

And let's be clear this will be the size of the challenge of putting a squad together that is competitive if we do get promoted. The wage bill will rise to alarmingly high levels I suspect and that can really be only funded by increased ticket prices if we do get promoted since we are already effectively selling out Sincil Bank most weeks.
Rise in ticket prices! Corporate packages and Sponsorship! Fraid so

Well when average league one teams have apparently have squad players on 6k a week who they loan out to league two sides, then you know what we'll be up against if we do go up.
Bigger ground anyone???