Mandela dies | Vital Football

Mandela dies

Yes just seen it. Here the link for those who haven't read about it
.................................................................................................
Nelson Mandela has died, South African President Jacob Zuma has confirmed.

Mr Zuma said "the nation has lost its greatest son", adding "he is now resting. He is now at peace."

http://news.sky.com/story/1178430/nelson-mandela-dies-president-confirms

Yes, awoke to the news this morning. A sad day but a he had a fair knock.

95 years of age.

We will all be doing well to live that long.

RIP

Rip to the great man!!..he's a symbol of hope for so many around the world.

Perhaps this will shut the conspiracy theorists up that talk about him having been dead for ages.............but I doubt it.

Great man? Not sure but definitely a charismatic leader.

Terrorist? Well having used terror as a weapon there should be no debate really, he clearly was. But this begs a question, rather than clog this thread up I'll start a new one.

Edit:- And here it is : http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=55256&posts=1

As said James, trekker has ignored all conventional wisdom and become a splitter.

It's compounded the sadness of Mandela's passing.

:21:

Is it too early to tell the tabloids that Mandela touched me when I was a child ?

(Stolen from Facebook BTW!)

I think JF post sums up why Mandela was loved: He had walked both sides of the path and had learnt how to change.

That for me sums up Mandela. He lived both sides of the good and evil for want of better words. He realized terrorism did not answer the problems in the world and he changed, to meet conditions

There's a Nelson Mandela school in Sparkbrook

also a block of flats in Peckham - although they maybe fictional?

regardless: it shows he was a popular fella.

27 years jail for fighting justice and equal rights for the majority and released into a world of change. He had changed, and become a leader that millions shall remember for years and years to come.

That is the sign of a great man, loved and respected by millions.

RIP Nelson.

Still nothing fromt he BBC about a tribute/memorial concert. They're obviously slipping.

Paul McCartney and Elton must be screwin!