Manchester United vs. Tottenham Hotspur - FA Cup Semi Final | Page 9 | Vital Football

Manchester United vs. Tottenham Hotspur - FA Cup Semi Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
We go through this bullshit every time we bomb out of the FA Cup Semi.

Hang the manager

This player is crap

That player is shit

Although I think we should have started the team that beat Chelsea, Pogba is better than Dembele and that matchup decided the game.

Poch is a s good as anyone to blame - he is after all the manager.

But for me, Dembele did what he always does in big games and that's go missing - he was utterly dreadful.

Poch, should have hauled him off at half-time.

Anyway, it seems Poch may well be on his way....

I am still fuming about this defeat. Poch picked the wrong team. Sanchez, Dier and son should not have played. Dier and Sanchez are so out of form and still Poch plays them.Son is not the player for a game like yesterday. He is to selfish and overrated for me. We have one of the best defenders in the world sitting watching the game. Victor would have been better than dier and lamela would have worked harder and been a better team player than Son.
Bringing on Lucas when he has not shown anything really yet you throw him into the the biggest match of the season. I am sorry but Poch got it all wrong yesterday.
Kane should not have started although nobody would dare to drop him.

I'm as hurt as anyone on here about yesterday but to talk about replacing Poch is ridiculous and knee jerk. So we sack him,Kane,Ericksen,Delli and god knows who else will leave,we get a new manager in, working under the same financial constraints, and we are back to square one another 3 seasons rebuilding, Poch is a young manager and has done wonders for us in the time he's been here,it's frustrating at times but what about the wonderful football we have seen over the last few seasons,how long did it take Fergie to get it right at Utd.???

The jerks will be out in force - it's their prime appearance time....you never see half of them when we're winning.

The jerks will be out in force - it's their prime appearance time....you never see half of them when we're winning.
I am not here to pick a fight with anyone but so many years of spursyness cannot be defined as knee jerk. I have been supporting Spurs since 1980 and nobody can argue that we had the best chance in the past few years due to a combination of big teams on transition and we somehow bestowed with a group of similarly aged young players who are blooming at the same time but instead of hunkering down like Leicester with single minded cold efficiency, we just 'Spurs' along and even manage to finish third in a two horse race, losing to relegated Newcastle by 5 goals.
Something is wrong with the club and it flows from the very top which is the bloody owners. The owners are ok with drifting along as long as they make money and everyone views Spurs as a stepping stone. When the top shows no ambition to retain and build a team what does it tell the bottom? 'We will keep the players we want to keep'...ya right. That is coded message to say, we will sell another major player and the money would seem like investment by partially given back to the manager to buy and then the continuous 'rebuilding' continues indefinitely. ENIC and Levy is just using Spurs for trading profits, that's it. Because we are Spurs, even some crap players bought by us can be recycled to lower teams at a profit and Levy looks good doing it. Give him another 3 years and the whole of the promising team appearing 2 years ago would more or less be all over Europe or with other PL team.
Almost 40 years of bullshit with Spurs and it still continues unfortunately....

But for me, Dembele did what he always does in big games and that's go missing - he was utterly dreadful.

EX this is grave news on MP, especially coming from you...

Honestly...who do we realistically think we could get to replace him who could do better?

Result was simple...one or two players play bad...good teams WILL exploit that, and make no mistake United is a good team. Dembele was our main culprit.

Like EX says, this is a disturbing trend for him, I would a few others to that list though. We have too many players that simply do not rise to the challenge consistently.

If we go British then it has to be Chris Hughton for me. Levy will no doubt appoint an up coming foreign manager from abroad who wants to use us as a step ladder.

I don't think it's knee jerk from most. I said at the start of the season he must win a trophy this season. 4th season in charge, it's his team and squad. He has the players at his disposal to win trophies and he has failed.

What's the point in keeping a manager that will never win you a trophy?If he stays I won't be to bothered as he is a good manager. But we won't win jack shit with him in charge. So we will just be fighting it out for CL at best. Not good enough.

Our best players will want out now no question about it. We have had three seasons to realistically win something and of course it hasn't happened. This set up is done, it's been taken as far as it can. A transition period lays ahead.

If Poch wants to go it's because he has failed to deliver at Spurs. He can't really blame anyone for that except himself. If that is his attitude, then the sooner he goes the better. Kane, Eriksen and Lloris will join the likes of Toby and Rose on the way out of the club and the rebuild will start again for the 100th time. Seen it all before, nothing new. This is Spurs after all!

Probably because there is nothing to say when you are winning. The victories are enough.

Knee jerk reaction over 20 years? Wrong phrase Ex. Knee jerk is when you react to something that has happened suddenly. We have had this for decades.

We go through this bullshit every time we bomb out of the FA Cup Semi.

Hang the manager

This player is crap

That player is shit

Although I think we should have started the team that beat Chelsea, Pogba is better than Dembele and that matchup decided the game.

Until the equaliser Dembele was dominating Pogba and Matic. He went down hill after the mistake. He was clearly injured and hobbling for most of the game.

We should have started with Toby. Our best CB ffs. I get the Hugo decision as he has made loads of mistakes lately.

We have a thin squad in comparison with the big teams. We have had long injuries to Toby, Rose, Lamela, Kane ( not so long ), Wanyama and Winks this season. A bad signing in Llorente and a non replacement for Walker in Aurier. We have played away all season. Alli has been less effective than last season. It's still an achievement to get 4th IMO.

Agree re Dembele. Disagree that Poch will be on his way for two reasons a) where will he find another job where he can earn so much without winning anything and b) where will Levy find another manager of his abilities willing to work for such a prat? Poch is limited and slow to learn and adapt but equally Levy is a limiting factor not just with funding but the timing of spending. Personally, as disappointed as I am with Poch's inability to deliver in significant games I doubt there is anyone better to live within the constraints of THFC at the moment.

Although I think we could have achieved more with the players we have had I don't think we could attract the manager capable of doing it.

We have a thin squad in comparison with the big teams. We have had long injuries to Toby, Rose, Lamela, Kane ( not so long ), Wanyama and Winks this season. A bad signing in Llorente and a non replacement for Walker in Aurier. We have played away all season. Alli has been less effective than last season. It's still an achievement to get 4th IMO.

Agree Nick, although we were pathetic yesterday.

On reflection, Poch's comments re 4 years to attain a winning mentality may refer not to the players but to the club as a whole given that big clubs are solely focused on winning games of football, Championships, Cups etc., whereas Spurs' focus at boardroom level for the past 15 years or so has been all about infrastructure and real estate development. Maybe the 4 years timeframe is when Levy thinks the money will finally be available to be used for football. In the meantime we will stay as we are.

Always an excuse with spurs fans. All teams have injury problems. Granted not all teams have to adjust playing in a new stadium. But I don't think any were expecting a title win this season. A League Cup, FA Cup or Europa if we dropped into it, with a CL place.

Yep we have signed some average players but ask yourself why? Why the hell did he sign Llorente? So many called it right from the off it was a crap desperate signing.

Poch has had plenty of money to spend so lets not go on like he is some hard done by manager. He has spuffed the money on average players over the last 3 seasons which has left us short at key times in the season.

If anything, in his time here he has been very lucky with injuries.

Sorry getting 4th is not an achievement. Not with the players we have. It's the minimum that should be achieved.

We have gone backwards and the great Poch is a big reason why that has happened.

I really can't believe some of the comments I read. Spurs are in a better place now than they have been for decades. Yesterday's result doesn't change that. It's because of 'The Gaffer' we can compete so well.

Our squad isn't as good as people think. It's certainly better than in the past. But what it lacks is a few players with that 'special something'. The player that will dig you out when not playing well. Poch can't be blamed for that. Spurs punch way above their financial weight! That's because of Poch!

Think about the ridiculous money Man Utd spend - transfers & wages. They should beat us, at this point. We shouldn't be surprised.

I have complete confidence that our trajectory is upwards. Success in the sense of silverware will come. In the meantime, enjoy the success we have now. Success doesn't have to mean trophies. Success has to be measured against what is realistic. We're ever so successful when looking at things realistically.

All my opinion of course. But one of a contented Spurs supporter.

The key is to enjoy football, but then walk away and get on with life after the match ends.

Just some thoughts on things.

Regards to all (y)

I am not Poch greatest fan, think he has done ok/not bad/quite good with a talented group of players. So with the players we have I think we perhaps have underperformed, actually no perhaps about it, we have underperformed in the cups....whether that is cos he doesn't 'rate' them or what doesn't really matter.....but IMO with the group of players we have we should have had a cup by now.

I think it is shameful to have capitulated at home against W Ham, we had Juventus where we wanted them and fecked it up, we went one up against Utd and fecked it up again.

Eight 8 losing FA cup semis - not a record anyone wants.

Should we get rid of him......probably not, our spending habits either on players or wages will always inhibit who we can buy....I just wish he could come and say it as it is instead of trying to fob us off with projects and plans....which is all well and good........but we cant always be jam tomorrow!

There is no way Levy wants a losing inaugural season at the new stadium. And there is no way he wants to risk being out of the CL spots from now on with the new stadium debt hanging around the club's shoulders.

We will progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.