Manchester United v Aston Villa Saturday 25th September 12.30pm K.O | Page 36 | Vital Football

Manchester United v Aston Villa Saturday 25th September 12.30pm K.O

Watched the game back on Sky. Really impressed with Cash's work rate, non stop running and running into those pockets of space. Hause should be the third man in defence and have Axel on the bench. Ings is a very good footballer and his touch and control are excellent, some of his link up play was lovely. Watkins prob just needs a goal to go in for him to click again, looked a bit over nervous when shooting, like it's playing on his mind. Mcginn was excellent. I don't know how that Maguire cross body wasn't even deemed a foul. OGS is a whiney little troll, always someone else's fault- that's absolute tripe about crowding the referee at the penalty, that's man United 101 lesson 1. I dislike man United with a passion, for so many reasons so this is a great feeling. This team is going places.... villa til I die

Well, having caught up on the thread, I can report a surreal afternoon at my Man Utd supporting cousin’s stag do, chatting to Dean Smith’s uncle.

As you can imagine, there were a lot of Villa fans in the group and a massive cheer when Utd missed the penalty :utv::utv::utv:. Oh, and I came 3rd in the darts comp - there are no words to describe my magnificent performance. :rofl:

Yup I am in there . Row 9 pretty central , but I am partly obscured by the lad in the row in front of me.

👍Looking at the pics of the fans celebrating I feel that many were doing so under restraint for fear of their joy being short-lived as result of a possible United equalizer later in Fergie time.

Douglas Luiz looks like he’s back to his best. Think he’s had a few very good games over the past few weeks, non Villa mate of mine who borrowed my ticket for Everton spotted him as being quality which was the first impression many of us had back in 2019. As a big fan of his, I have been a bit disappointed in him over the past 12 months or so if I’m honest for not pushing on.

He needs to play near the box to pass the ball like he did to Cash vs Everton. A DM he is not. He was very good today. If he continues this then I will no longer call him as bad as I thought he was.

Well, having caught up on the thread, I can report a surreal afternoon at my Man Utd supporting cousin’s stag do, chatting to Dean Smith’s uncle.

As you can imagine, there were a lot of Villa fans in the group and a massive cheer when Utd missed the penalty :utv::utv::utv:. Oh, and I came 3rd in the darts comp - there are no words to describe my magnificent performance. :rofl:
" plucky loser:? :sorry:

Just watching the game for the 3rd time now, Very impressed with our work rate and pressing but there is certainly room for massive improvement when we have the ball, fantastic work undone by sloppy passing and finishing.

It's hard tp analyse a game live as you are so wound up but sitting back knowing the score it's much easier to pick out the bad stuff. The good stuff being easy to spot.

Just watching the game for the 3rd time now, Very impressed with our work rate and pressing but there is certainly room for massive improvement when we have the ball, fantastic work undone by sloppy passing and finishing.

It's hard tp analyse a game live as you are so wound up but sitting back knowing the score it's much easier to pick out the bad stuff. The good stuff being easy to spot.

After the first half I actually thought we played better at Chelsea.

We were much much better in the second half though. Need to get the front two firing though. their hold up play wasn't great .

We were much much better in the second half though. Need to get the front two firing though. their hold up play wasn't great .
Yes spot on, it's breaking down with the front two, I don't know the answer but if Ings had the ball drop to him like Watkins does he'd have scored 2 or 3. Needs working on that's for sure. Then there's the issue of how do you fit Bailey and Buendia into this team and at the moment you can't
We do however look far stronger with 3 big lumps at the back, not convinced Targett is a wingback but Young certainly is and would have scored that chance.

I don't think this was the plan in the summer somehow otherwise we'd not have bought Bailey.
perhaps 433 has finally run its course and 352 is the new fad, goes in circles football doesn't it, each generation reinventing the wheel

I wonder if our "through and through, love this club, my city, my home" ex Dickens Heath Villa fan was cheering this result?
He must be worried about the upcoming fixture in November now.

Agree, not affecting his work rate but think Ollie in particular is in desperate need of a goal. Some of the passing from both teams, first half in particular was sloppy in the extreme and as you say, our first half against Chelsea was better than yesterday but we still looked dangerous going forward which is a good sign I guess. Loved that first 15 mins of the second half though…we were all expecting a repeat of Chelsea with United improving and us ruing our missed chances but they hardly got into our half let alone create a chance. Set the tone for the rest of the game. To go there and not be clinging on for a point was worth the admission money alone!