Manchester United-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester United-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread

We were shit, and it kinda pisses me off that Pep is claiming otherwise. Just man up, and call it like it is.
I think he is focused on the cups. DS21 and KDB on ice for RM. But nevertheless we lacked any penetration from midfield. Can’t recall one through/threaded pass into their box. Oily had done his homework and the players Pep selected couldn’t solve the problem.
In the end however we were undone by a loss of concentration for the first one and a rash decision for the second. Beyond that they really weren’t our superior. All the fuss was about Fernandes.......he took advantage of us being too busy protesting the free kick but otherwise was anonymous.

Right, I am off to erase my recording of MotD.

They wanted it more, much more aggressive in their play, we were poor but in all honesty they weren't much better, a really poor attempt from Ederson wit that first goal and less said about the second the better. We had our chance to level it up but found wanting yet again.

Odd choices on fullbacks from Pep.

Just don't fuck up the second leg against Real please.

Got about 40 seconds in and gave up. De Gea had one save to make, how many did Ederson have to make? I mean saves, not collecting pea rollers? At no point in the 90 did he think City would score? Even the hobbit acknowledged that they suffered in the first 20, he must also have missed Sterling's sitter.

The hype is ridiculous, yes they deserved their win but the way some are talking you'd swear they battered us, the second goal was harsh, 1-0 a fair scoreline.

It resembled a cup giant killing in how it played out.

Just to add, there was a good reason the hobbit brought on defensive backup for the last 15, that good reason was it looked like City were ramping things up, in fact both my brother and Dad made comment that it looks like a City goal is coming. Neither have any bias toward City.

And lastly, the reaction by the United fans at the end was a release because they were shitting it that they were going to concede. We were poor but even at that we were still well in this game right to the death.

Just to add, there was a good reason the hobbit brought on defensive backup for the last 15, that good reason was it looked like City were ramping things up, in fact both my brother and Dad made comment that it looks like a City goal is coming. Neither have any bias toward City.

And lastly, the reaction by the United fans at the end was a release because they were shitting it that they were going to concede. We were poor but even at that we were still well in this game right to the death.
Unfortunately, being better doesn't award us any points. Not being motivated for a derby is unacceptable, any way you cut it.