Manchester United FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Page 18 | Vital Football

Manchester United FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Rose big problem will be to get a run of games he needs, he's played very little football the last 18 months or so.
His value is plummeting by the week, I wonder how long it will take him to realise he needs to knuckle down or risk watching the rest of his career going down the toilet.

I'm on a Greek island so watched the game on a hooky stream with an Aperol spritz around midnight. After which I got legless and having a hair of the dog and a manic grin all morning. I totally agree with Rich it's Delle Alli that needs to look out because you could see Son Lucas Kane with Ericksen deep rasing our tempo considerably. If Winks comes back anywhere near what he was we may make the hysteria over the lack of signings look daft. That said I think we should be adding good young players because we can and need silverware. COYS!!

He's making me so frustrated by complicating things and making poor decisions on the pitch, I'll add Lamela to those alternatives.

Last edited:
A win at MU it is always welcome and very enjoyable!

I was lucky to win some money by betting when the score was 0-2, that Spurs will score another goal and they won't concede any.

Yesterday's win corroborates yet more that the decision of the owners not to strengthen the squad and increase its depth, might be proved to be criminal!
Except if they get that right by buying some appropriate players in January.
Let's see what will happen in the periods when we will have to play two games in a week time.

Rose big problem will be to get a run of games he needs, he's played very little football the last 18 months or so.
His value is plummeting by the week, I wonder how long it will take him to realise he needs to knuckle down or risk watching the rest of his career going down the toilet.

I've said many times before that this summer I'd have happily sold Manure Rose and taken Shaw (although most here thought I was mad!) - who I've backed here to come good and get back into the England team to make that Left Back spot his own again .

last night convinced me, I was right.

Shaw will get back to his best and we'll regret not grabbing him when Mourinho might have let him go. He's the best English Left back I've seen in a long time.

The setup for the second goal was exactly the same as for the first—Tripp to Eriksen to the box. In the first case out for a corner, second time to Moura for the goal.

It's taken 5 years but Lamela as an option to Alli at present would ease some of my frustration. Maybe we can get someone in the window whose better than both!

All of you who give Rich a hard time take note. He isn't the one track monster you think he is. He's a man of principle. :thumbup:

I've said many times before that this summer I'd have happily sold Manure Rose and taken Shaw (although most here thought I was mad!) - who I've backed here to come good and get back into the England team to make that Left Back spot his own again .

Shaw will get back to his best and we'll regret not grabbing him when Mourinho might have let him go. He's the best English Left back I've seen in a long time.

Was saying at the game last night how Shaw must be a shoe in for the England squad and now become the 1st choice England left back. Was nice to see Mourinho acknowledging and recognising him after what he's put him through in the last year or so. Best left back on display last night and would love to see him in a Spurs shirt.

As for Rose, he needs time now. Mourinho's plan was to expose Davies at LB after his recent displays. He had a plan to drop Herrera in on the right defensively and get Valencia running at Davies. Poch's plan was to get Rose running at Ashley Young who had been woeful at RB. Not sure either expected the Valencia / Rose match up. Rose had a rough start but grew into the game.

Last edited:
Rose is always rusty when he comes back. It will take a few games for him to start proving he is better than Davies. Then Rose will get injured again..and repeat.

Replace one crooked LB with another? No thanks.

I wouldn't be worrying too much about Dele Alli, he will wow us soon enough. He made a couple of bad decisions yesterday when a pass would have been better yes but his place in the team is safe IMO.

think Dele has started the season well tbh. Wasn't clinical enough yesterday but he's doing more midfield duties now as Lucas plays more advanced than he does on the whole.

That said, Sonny and Lamela are great competition. Keep all our attacking players fit and we actually have strength in depth and I wouldn't swap any of them for Zaha.

I wouldn't be worrying too much about Dele Alli, he will wow us soon enough. He made a couple of bad decisions yesterday when a pass would have been better yes but his place in the team is safe IMO.

His place should only be safe when he’s performing consistently at the level required, right now he’s making schoolboy decisions playing in the PL. It has no place.

Maybe consider his entire contribution, not just the glaringly obvious.

His entire contribution was deficient in the critical areas that defines, finishing second, third and fourth as we have been doing, but not being quite good enough to be first. One day you might appreciate being clinical and ruthless.

No not in critical areas. In defence, pressing and build up play. He contributes all over the pitch. He has scored already this season and is more than capable of finishing very efficiently.