Manchester United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - Match Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

Manchester United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - Match Thread

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And to be fair sissoko and hoj gave us real steel to allow Ndom to create and at the same time negate their midfield poggybastard and the likes.

100% Greavs, that position is made for Hojbjerg, he will turn out to be such a great signing. I was sold on him after he bullied our midfield in the cup last season. And Sissoko was very effective also, Jose has him doing what he does best.

You know some of the biggest positives to come out of today for me are;

1. The team really worked hard for one another, we looked like we had so much pace around our game with a very solid midfield.

2. Aurier’s performance is sure to see him stay and on top of that puts pressure on Doherty to step up if he wants to be No 1. Great competition.

3. Ndombele will always lose the ball on occasion because of the way he plays but boy can he play, beats his man, picks a pass, so much to come from him.

4. Reguilon has so much pace that he always gives us a chance when we lose the ball in transition.

5. Jose has really built a great team spirit, amazing things await over the next few seasons.

And I have even mentioned Kane, Son or Bale.

I love the way Jose has asked Harry to drop deeper allowing the quicker forwards space to be effective through the middle. It negates the need for a 10, allowing a more fluid midfield 3 as well as getting the best out of Harry. I think he will get 20+ goals and 20+ assists this season if he stays fit
Great post👍

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TEAM! Great result, especially after a miserable penalty 30 second start. And so nice to do it to Man U. Beside their poor performance, I think we’re improving at last. We should have brought Bale on as a sub.

Great result. Sadly I wasn't able to watch it but just seen the highlights on match of the day.

To those complaining about Lamelas actions. If he didn't fall over then the referee wouldn't have done anything about it. Look at David Luiz today when he pulled at the Sheffield player when last man. The forward never went down so the ref ignored it. If the forward had of gone to ground then it would have been a red.

Sadly that is how football is reffed. Don't fall down then the refs look the other way. Fall down and you make them do their job.

Sadly this is professional football and so Lamela did the correct thing.

Sissoko always confounds his critics. He has been relegated to a squad player by some and yet he puts in a first 11 performance like that.

As I've said before, he's a 1:10 player, and if we could get 9 good games like that out of him of every 10 games, he'd be outstanding.

But I've seen him do this too many times and then revert back - but who knows perhaps the fear of being made excess to requirements might lift his game for a while?

And to be fair sissoko and hoj gave us real steel to allow Ndom to create and at the same time negate their midfield poggybastard and the likes.
Greavsie, that for me was the best of y'day, Hoj n Sissoko giving their m'field no peace, excellent, and as for that "crap" player N'Dombele sublime, he made Pogba look very Sunday league, plus he will only get better, can't wait.

The other thing to mention was our defending, it was a team effort from front to back, JM's philosophies sinking in slowly but surely. COYS

You know some of the biggest positives to come out of today for me are;

1. The team really worked hard for one another, we looked like we had so much pace around our game with a very solid midfield.

2. Aurier’s performance is sure to see him stay and on top of that puts pressure on Doherty to step up if he wants to be No 1. Great competition.

3. Ndombele will always lose the ball on occasion because of the way he plays but boy can he play, beats his man, picks a pass, so much to come from him.

4. Reguilon has so much pace that he always gives us a chance when we lose the ball in transition.

5. Jose has really built a great team spirit, amazing things await over the next few seasons.

And I have even mentioned Kane, Son or Bale.

I love the way Jose has asked Harry to drop deeper allowing the quicker forwards space to be effective through the middle. It negates the need for a 10, allowing a more fluid midfield 3 as well as getting the best out of Harry. I think he will get 20+ goals and 20+ assists this season if he stays fit
Spot on there, well written mate.

As I've said before, he's a 1:10 player, and if we could get 9 good games like that out of him of every 10 games, he'd be outstanding.

But I've seen him do this too many times and then revert back - but who knows perhaps the fear of being made excess to requirements might lift his game for a while?

Some games will suit Sissoko more than others, it depends on the opponent and who Moussa has with him in MF. Hojbjerg behind him could help his confidence to get forward more or pass more positively instead of the sideways backward stuff.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TEAM! Great result, especially after a miserable penalty 30 second start. And so nice to do it to Man U. Beside their poor performance, I think we’re improving at last. We should have brought Bale on as a sub.
Hey Welshy could their poor performance been because we played very well and did not let them play, not giving them a minute, in their faces, niggly fouls etc, I think so.

Some games will suit Sissoko more than others, it depends on the opponent and who Moussa has with him in MF. Hojbjerg behind him could help his confidence to get forward more or pass more positively instead of the sideways backward stuff.

I was also going to add, that the sum of the parts were much more fluid and together (role wise) which I think made a huge difference to his normal headless chicken running blindly everywhere type stuff.

Jose may well have achieved what Poch couldn't with him; others may not have noticed it, but he was actually putting his head up and looking, something he so rarely did with poch and dare I say yesterday his first touch actually looked good!

He frustrates me Ex, he had a good game yesterday but too often he slows down our play for me. If Jose could teach him to receive the ball on the half turn he'd be a good player, how many times has he received the ball with an easy pass ahead of him and he simply lays it back. He just doesn't look for the forward pass.

He frustrates me Ex, he had a good game yesterday but too often he slows down our play for me. If Jose could teach him to receive the ball on the half turn he'd be a good player, how many times has he received the ball with an easy pass ahead of him and he simply lays it back. He just doesn't look for the forward pass.

I can only agree, but what used to frustrate me more is he'd occassionally go on a steaming elephant run, just bowling over all before him only to have a rush to the head and hitting either row Z or falling over.

Long may we see the new Sissoko!

Last edited:
What really pleased me was the team spirit on show...late second half when Utd tried to raise their tempo and kick anything that moved the lads responded and pushed them back taking any chance of some redemption away from them....excellent.

Then there were the performances of Aurier and Sissoko...I can see Jose’s logic working there, with Aurier in to counter the pace and aggression of Shaw and Sissoko giving the aggression and pace that Winks just doesn’t give...ok, maybe one offs for both of them but they delivered and you could see how popular Aurier is with lads with the reaction to him scoring.

Dont let’s get carried away, but that was some performance yesterday to go with the other recent results....definite improvements so well done to Jose and the lads.

Well am gobsmacked that Shearer on MOTD2 praised us highly and unlike the Sky commontatoe arsoles, and actually explained why we won and won well, unlike them who pissed me off no end just talking about Manure the poor loves all through the game and ignored most iof what we were doing Outrageous lack of impartiality.
Although I thought Gary Neville was very even handed in his comments and praised us quite a bit...he said early on that going down to 10 men didn’t affect the result because we were in complete control before that happened.

The SKY in the studio steered everything towards United, with zebra practically having a nervous breakdown in public....it was also interesting to see the Utd players saying that United have to win the title like it’s a given...arrogant twats...