Manchester United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - Match Thread | Vital Football

Manchester United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - Match Thread

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A bit more optimistic about this one now. We look like we are getting our grove on going forward.

As we can't keep clean sheets I hope we see both Ndombele and Lo Celso start. Get Reggie bombing down the left we will give them problems.

Screw it...

I have been saying for a while that JM's team match up well against teams that will attack us...

Win

Get your score AND scorers into the predictor thread!! Although given the arse-kicking you're getting maybe not. :grinning:

Get your score AND scorers into the predictor thread!! Although given the arse-kicking you're getting maybe not. :grinning:

I did...I didn't think we got points for selecting the right scorers...do we?

And Walt is winning the damn thing....hmmm wait a minute he is running that competition. LOL

Well, this is a crapshoot.

_______Hugo________
Doh_Toby_Dier_Reg
_______Winks_______
____Dele__NDomb__
Lamela_______StevieB
________Kane_________

[Hart, PEH, Sissoko, Davies, Lucas, Gedson, Son/Beast]

Spurs 3 - Manure 0
(Lamela, NDomb, Toby)

COYS!

Last edited:
son back is a nice boost but glc is a big loss. N'dombele defiantly has to start now to give us abit of creativity through midfield.

I did think it was strange for Lo Celso to be subbed at half time when he was on a hat trick but I do recall him moving a bit gingerly at one point. Hopefully it isn't so serious but is able to rest over the international break. But he's another who seems to keep picking up knocks...

I'd imagine the line up will be a standard Jose big game approach. Defensive solidity with pace to counter.
Lloris
Doherty Dier Toby Regulion (but Jose is a big fan of Davies so not sure...)
Hojbjerg, Winks, Ndombele
Lucas Kane Bergwijn

Son, Lamela and Dele to come on if we need to get a goal. Perhaps even Lamela to start instead of Ndombele given his recent form.

Important we don't lose this. With Everton and the foxes getting a nice cushion together we can't let the gap get much bigger.

I see them two teams as our rivals this season.

I think fatigue is going to hurt us in this game. If Bruno doesn't feature im slightly more hopeful, mainly because he won't con the ref into another penalty. VdB will be the difference I suspect.

Important we don't lose this. With Everton and the foxes getting a nice cushion together we can't let the gap get much bigger.

Definitely, but they are not the only ones. City seem to be on a downward slope, Chelsea are a young side who are very inconsistent, and United are too dependent on Fernandez, if he gets injured they are in trouble. I really do believe that 2nd - 8th are up for grabs this season, to be contested by City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Leicester, Everton, ourselves, and possibly even Leeds. Any Club who can string say six consecutive wins together will be giving themselves a huge advantage. Everton are well on the way, but have Liverpool and United at home as two of their next four fixtures. Those matches will either derail them, or set them up perfectly for a top four finish.

It seems PSG are now talking to Rudiger vis-a-vis a loan. I'm not sure this was ever a realistic option for us.

I think fatigue is going to hurt us in this game. If Bruno doesn't feature im slightly more hopeful, mainly because he won't con the ref into another penalty. VdB will be the difference I suspect.

So, what is the point of having Alli, if VdB or any other is going to be the difference?

..and the Spammers are trying to throw a spanner in the works...... 1-0 up as I type!

Get your point though as I didn't want to see us playing catch up so early on.

I can see us starting with a back 3 like against chelsea, maybe Tanganga, Dier, Davies

Hmmm LoCo being out is massive in my opinion. Hell if I would have known that earlier...I may have changed by prediction...oh well.