Manchester City | Page 4 | Vital Football

Manchester City

There's definitely a question over mentality and attitude though. Look at Southampton's performance against a slightly stronger City side, I'm not even talking about the result but their attitude to the game. Completely different. If we were set up to be defensive we failed completely, that's on the manager. We stood off players and didn't get tight. Didn't get in their faces and try and make a scrap of it or do anything. This again was a please don't bum us too badly Manchester City sir performance ! They've been beaten 9 times this season something I don't see a soul mention.

Manchester City have tonight completed 93.7 percent of their passes. That's the highest passing stats since opta began recording them (opta joe on twitter for the stats) that says so much. Yes, about City's quality and footballing style but also about Newcastle United's. So don't tell me Bruce had no alternative but to play this way. That's a side royally downing tools. It's the second time this season we've been humped by 5 goals. The mighty Leicester was the last time. We lost 4- 1 against Manchester United and 4-0 against Arsenal. Our expectations our completely managed by Ashley and how's the bacon Bruce and the crying fucking shame of tonight (and tonight makes the Fa Cup game look one of our great performances) is we're not even arsed as a team, a club or even a fanbase.

Bruce started the game without his two most potent speediest players Ry.
Starting Shelvey as support to our striker says it all,a bit like entering donkey from shrek in a 5 furlong.
The only outlet we had was our keeper.
If he had attacked city with that line up the dog would be looking for a teaspoon of arsenic in his pedigree chum.
Agreed Pie,inept tactics tho I wasn't advocating or expecting him to attack or even a high press,any sort of press from the halfway line would have showed some intent if nothing else.
The dogs still upstairs sleeping the 1st half off,no arsenic necessary 😎

It would appear job accomplished. Final league position 13th or 14th? A point or two from the four games remaining? Bruce nominated for manager of the month? Teams below us and their supporters will love to know how we do it. After all, 2 of the bottom 3 have had wins against us.

We did get in their faces early doors

Shelvey and Joelinton with a high pressing midfield from the off

It was a nothing game really - nowt to win, nowt to lose

Highly paid professionals and a highly paid manager, there should be no such thing as a ‘nothing’ game at this level, where’s the pride? That mentality is inexcusable.

This is very confusing.

Should we consider SDU a professional organisation now ?

I was under the impression that the only real consensus on this board is we are owned by a thieving chancer who is completely devoid of football ambition.

Every single game we played over the last three seasons bar none was basically based on premiership status, survival or nothing

we achieved survival last season with minimum success once we were safe.

what has changed ?
Where has this expectation sprung from ?

The owner has no ambition we all know that, there’s no excuse for a manager and his eleven players, to not give their all, there never has been. Just a shrug of the shoulders and declare it a nothing game, an awful example and one players and fans don’t have to follow regardless of the owner. Fight like fuck and lose 1 or 2 nil, it’s called pride, you never know you may even get something out of the game.
It’s really not that confusing, unless you’re not very bright.

You must not of been very bright last season then you thick whinging ****.
Apologies,I don't know what came over me
I meant ****

Last edited:
Lack of effort, just going through the motions, so both Manager and players should be embarrassed. The defence was all over the place and if City had been clinical we would have been talking about double figures. Shelvey for all his passing ability is a donkey. Without Saint Maxim there is absolutely no threat up front. Some people are resigned to this mediocrity and Shearer was a great player but I doubt he would even be a decent Manager.
Just what does this Manager and his coaches bring to the table. Nowt apart from avoiding relegation and even abject staff have achieved this at other clubs.
They are not quality, ignore the media rubbish and his mates building him up, his record anywhere shoots this down in flames.
A takeover would bring a breath of fresh air despite some people saying be careful what you wish for. Staveley knows what needs doing and will do it. You will see immediate change.if it happens and change for the better

Again owl, what or who has raised your expectations ?

Why after 11 years would anyone expect anything different from an Ashley managed business ?

Bruce has done a decent job for Ashley while giving those still interested in football a bit of entertainment, albeit in small doses
Why that sticks in the craw of NUFC fans is beyond me,especially when you factor in the takeover

I do (and pretty much always have done) think that there are a decent number of Newcastle fans who seem to enjoy moaning about the club

There are some on all message boards who you don't hear from unless we've been beaten or they deem a player or two to have had a bad game

As you say PM - its a strange one where everybody seems to accept that the club is an utter shambles under Ashley but then get surprised when we prove it

There are some on all message boards who you don't hear from unless we've been beaten or they deem a player or two to have had a bad game
It's bad enough getting beat 5-0 without your own fans acting like *****.
Yes I used the word again.

Expectations PieMag, where have I said i expect anything other than effort. Bruce in my opinion has given us no entertainment.
McCreery, I do not believe that any fans enjoy moaning and giving no credit.
To be fair, there is very little to give credit for but lots to not like. Nothing wrong with expressing your view, although in your case you may not have a view other than moaning about other posters.
Still the takeover, if it happens, is the only salvation and the only chance of seeing any quality on the pitch for seasons to come.

Expectations PieMag, where have I said i expect anything other than effort. Bruce in my opinion has given us no entertainment.
The defence was all over the place (what did you expect, did you see the team sheet)

Some people are resigned to this mediocrity (what do the others expect under Ashley,brilliance )

Just what does this Manager and his coaches bring to the table (what do you expect them to bring,we are safe from relegation,they bought it)

1 shot on target so far. Pathetic (what did you expect without our best two attackers,who raised your expectation,Joelinton, Shelvey or Gayle)

not much quality, if any, on the pitch for Newcastle.(did you expect any measure of quality without Almiron and Saint Max plus 11 years of Ashley wheeling and dealing)

I've been told it's not very confusing but it really is.

You must not of been very bright last season then you thick whinging ****.
Apologies,I don't know what came over me
I meant ****

Personally I don’t think expecting players to throw a tackle in and try is whinging, but apologies if I caused any offence.

McCreery, I do not believe that any fans enjoy moaning and giving no credit.
To be fair, there is very little to give credit for but lots to not like. Nothing wrong with expressing your view, although in your case you may not have a view other than moaning about other posters.
Still the takeover, if it happens, is the only salvation and the only chance of seeing any quality on the pitch for seasons to come.

I do like a moan about other posters like