Manchester City v Wolverhampton Wanderers - KO-20:00 GMT Tuesday 2nd March 2021 -Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Wolverhampton Wanderers - KO-20:00 GMT Tuesday 2nd March 2021 -Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
The Bare Gubbins
As we all know Wolves are one of the Hateful 9 having appended their name to the letter calling for City to be banned even though the appeal had not been heard and I am certain that our chairman will not hold a grudge against these 'Sheeple Clubs' but get on with the task in hand of getting another 3 points on the board.
City having played one of their toughest games yet against a resurgent Hammers Team, but City still wasteful in front of goal but the good news is that Sergio Aguero and Kevin de Bruyne, did manage to get some much sort after game minutes into their legs but it was clear that they were both not match fit yet, but it was a gritty win. Tuesday match will be the same and Wolves are dangerous, but did lose their best player Jota to The Merseyside Reds, but they still have some very capable players of hurting us the appropriately named Neto, so City will have to be on top form.
We're Not really Here will be hosted by Natalie Pike and the guest on Tuesday will be Nedum Onuoha, the show starts 1 hour before the game and can be followed on mancity.com

City Team News
The good news is that everyone is back in training, the bad news is trying to pick the same eleven in 'Beat the Pep'

Beat the Pep
Ederson
Cancelo Dias Laporte Zinchenko
Rodri, Gundogan, Sterling, Bernardo, De Bruyne
Aguero

Match Officials
Referee:
Chris Kavanagh.
Assistants: Adam Nunn, Sian Massey-Ellis.
Fourth official: Anthony Taylor.
VAR: Craig Pawson.
Assistant VAR: Stephen Child.

A BT Sport game.

Next
City v JoMU
Premier League Sunday 7th March 2021,
a Sky Sports game.

Last edited:
Wolves are a good side with a good manager in my view. They will find it hard to score against us I think, so 2-0 should do with the side Buzz has picked.

CITY XI: Ederson, Walker, Dias, Laporte, Cancelo, Rodrigo, De Bruyne (c), Bernardo, Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez

SUBS: Steffen, Stones, Zinchenko, Garcia, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Torres, Aguero, Foden

Team news 🔵📋
City boss Pep Guardiola make six changes from the side that beat West Ham at the weekend.
Aymeric Laporte, Joao Cancelo, Rodrigo, Bernardo Silva, Raheem Sterling and Gabriel Jesus all come into the starting line-up.
Ederson, Kyle Walker, Ruben Dias, skipper Kevin De Bruyne and Riyad Mahrez are the men retained.
CITY XI: Ederson, Walker, Dias, Laporte, Cancelo, Rodrigo, De Bruyne (c), Bernardo, Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez
SUBS: Steffen, Stones, Zinchenko, Garcia, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Torres, Aguero, Foden

Pep Guardiola:
“We know how important this 10 days is with Wolves, United and Southampton before travelling to Fulham. If we are able to do what we want to do, we will make an incredible step, absolutely.
“I want to see the team focusing on the job we have to do. I said many times lately, we have two ways to view what is happening.
“We see what we have done and just reflect on that or keep doing things and get to take three more points through our game and not just see what we have done so far.”

Pep Guardiola:
"We know each other quite well and they know in that moment how demanding I am - even now with the sunny days in Manchester that we cannot relax for one second.
“Always we can do better… that is the target.
“As much as we win and as much as we get results, as much we have to demand and be over the players and say we can do better. That is the moment.
“This is the moment and when I feel that every player is thinking the job is done or how good it is, these guys are not going to play.
“I am so intuitive. I know exactly when the guys are not ready to continue what we need to do. I said before the champions are Liverpool so to do it we still have eight, nine or 10 games and it’s a lot."

Commentary By @
19:40
Port of plenty
From David Clayton at the Etihad:
"Looks like we're playing Portugal this evening!
"Wolves will be playing in their maroon and green third kit, inspired by the Portuguese national team strip. They have five Portuguese players in their starting XI so it's understandable.
"Sadly, we don't have the same weather as Lisbon this evening - it's about 14 degrees there and it feels about 1 degree here at the Etihad."

'Unreal level of quality'
Nedum Onuoha:
"A couple of weeks ago, Pep was saying we’re taking every game as it comes, and I can believe it because every game there’s a plan to stop the opposition’s best traits.
"When we played Spurs here last month, it was to swarm the midfield and stop the counter attack.
"Realistically my only complaint about Pep, the only people who get frustrated are those with fantasy football issues!
"For everybody else who doesn’t have a stake, that level of rotation while maintaining the quality, that’s unreal."

Bernardo:
"They’re in a good moment and they’re a tough team, I have a lot of friends there.
"I know how intelligent they are and how tough it is to play against them.
"As I said, it’s going to be difficult but we’re in a good moment and we want to keep it that way."