Manchester City v Wolverhampton Wanderers - 8pm GMT Mon 14th Jan 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Wolverhampton Wanderers - 8pm GMT Mon 14th Jan 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
Wolves the conquering heroes of downing the mighty Liverpool whose fans threatened to finish the League season unbeaten and to win every trophy going, well the even mightier Wolves put an end to that whilst earlier in the season saw Liverpool slide out of the League Cup without a murmur , but one might suspect that they are not too bothered at miss out as their main priority is as yet unknown. City have a bone to settle with Wolves as the away fixture for City in this fixture of the season brought a controversial goal by Wolves as they equalised by putting the ball into the net by a hand, replays from numerous angles nor slow motion were needed to spot the arm guiding the ball into the net. There was no outcry that the player should have owned up and declared that his arm unintentionally hit the ball prior to the goal being awarded, however later in the season when Raheem Sterling tripped up and a penalty was awarded to City.. well you know what happened next.

Personally, I do not think it is incumbent on either player to declare what had happened and it was down to the referee to interpret the action as we see it, that is football.

Team News
out
Bravo
Mangala

doubtful
Mendy
Aguero (flu)

Wolves connections -
Steve Daley, Mark Kennedy, Joleon Lescott, Mick McCarthy, Robert Taylor

Famous Wolves Supporters - George Best ( I know he played for JOMU but he was a fabulous player nearly up there with King Colin)

Head to Head
P 118 W 47 L46 D25

Officials
20:00 Man City v Wolves
Referee:
Craig Pawson
Assistants: Lee Betts, Eddie Smart
Fourth official: Chris Kavanagh

Last edited:
Will we go a back 5 to match Wolves, probably not without Blue Mendy who will be back soon. This will be a tough game I think.

Will we go a back 5 to match Wolves, probably not without Blue Mendy who will be back soon. This will be a tough game I think.
Hard to say JK Depends on who we have at Left back, while Danilo I think is above Walker in the pecking order until the latter gets some sort of form.

Hard to say JK Depends on who we have at Left back, while Danilo I think is above Walker in the pecking order until the latter gets some sort of form.
La Porte did well last time out, so who knows how Pep works, with Delph back I think he will get the gig. So a 4-3-3 is my prediction, but who starts right mid will be interesting, straight down the tunnel may put Red Kev on the bench?

He left City just before I attended games in 65 so never got to see him play except when Wolves came to Maine Road, where all ex City players got the chant of 'City reject'
Dave was 5 years older than me and I worked with him after retirement. We played footy during our lunch hour, or went to the pub for 4 pints.

La Porte did well last time out, so who knows how Pep works, with Delph back I think he will get the gig. So a 4-3-3 is my prediction, but who starts right mid will be interesting, straight down the tunnel may put Red Kev on the bench?

I think the media tried to make something of this, but I expect Kevin to start the game, with DS21 and Bernardo plus Sterling and Ferna with Sane making up the middle with Mahrez on the bench, but we may have a surprise starter

It will be tough, we saw that when we played at Molyneux. I think he will slot Delph back in and go with......

Ederson
Danilo, Stones, Laporte, Delph
Silva B, Fernandinho, Silva D
Sterling, Jesus, Sané

Berti
Muric, Walker, Kompany, Otamendi, Mahrez, Agüero, De Bruyne

:shrug: You could swap Otamendi for Foden.....or Foden could start ahead of Spanish Dave. Feels like we are back to the start of Guardiola’s time guessing his pick!

Dave was 5 years older than me and I worked with him after retirement. We played footy during our lunch hour, or went to the pub for 4 pints.

It was a time we needed money and just before Mercer and Allison joined, had he been there maybe he would have stayed, but as you say he was a very good winger, many fans I spoke to were sorry that he left the Club.