Manchester City v West Ham Utd, - KO- 7.30pm GMT Wednesday 19th February 2020 - Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Page 3 | Vital Football

Manchester City v West Ham Utd, - KO- 7.30pm GMT Wednesday 19th February 2020 - Premier League Match Preview and MDT

It isn’t ideal but there didn’t seem to be many other options (discounting playing it this weekend smack bang in the middle of the break)

It isn’t ideal but there didn’t seem to be many other options (discounting playing it this weekend smack bang in the middle of the break)
Agreed. It’s just bad luck ours was the only PL game called off. Even we can’t blame officialdom (this time).
:giggle:

Agreed. It’s just bad luck ours was the only PL game called off. Even we can’t blame officialdom (this time).
:giggle:
The decision had to be taken given the weather in the hours before the game. I could just envisage the headlines if a small child had been struck by some piece of flying debris which had come loose etc outside the ground, or someone was blown over in front of a vehicle etc or hundreds of fans got delayed in traffic and got injured in a crush getting into the ground ...

After the events of the last week, all the unmitigated gloating and ill-informed shallow reporting we could really do with an other-worldly performance tonight from the players.

The stain of the current situation will be difficult to endure but we must all show fortitude in the face of the trolling and glee being taken at the club’s expense :hug:

A serious battering of West Ham tonight please :please:

CTID!

After the events of the last week, all the unmitigated gloating and ill-informed shallow reporting we could really do with an other-worldly performance tonight from the players.

The stain of the current situation will be difficult to endure but we must all show fortitude in the face of the trolling and glee being taken at the club’s expense :hug:

A serious battering of West Ham tonight please :please:

CTID!
We have to wait for Wednesday unfortunately. :rolleyes:

We have to wait for Wednesday unfortunately. :rolleyes:
Hunker down, maintain media blackout and resurface ready for battle on Wednesday (We will have to endure the outcomes of every CL press conference where every coach will be asked their views on City and the UEFA action creating another slew of salacious, shallow headlines......which is all part of UEFA’s media plan btw hence the timing of their announcement)

Hunker down, maintain media blackout and resurface ready for battle on Wednesday (We will have to endure the outcomes of every CL press conference where every coach will be asked their views on City and the UEFA action creating another slew of salacious, shallow headlines......which is all part of UEFA’s media plan btw hence the timing of their announcement)
Spot on, Skoorb.

I bet Pep is looking forward to his press conference on Tuesday as much as he would having a tooth pulled without anaesthetic 😷

Hope he starts with, I am here to talk about the West Ham game, any other questions will be taken on notice.

Also I think the club press officer needs to be present at his side. That person needs to make it crystal clear that the press conference is to deal with the upcoming match and because the UEFA ban is to be subject to an appeal to CAS questions about the ban and fine will not be answered.

The media will then proceed to ask Pep “What are your views on the UEFA ban”? ....or “will the ban affect your decision to stay”?....in fact they will ask about nothing else.......at which point they should shut the fecking thing down and walk out.

Excellent decision (& great that it is supported by West Ham as well :clap:).

The media vultures will be chewing their wings off in frustration ...........until Friday. Then the feeding frenzy will begin again.
To be cynical, I would think WHU are delighted to eschew the press conference given the state they’re in.

Thing that I note is that the journos as a whole are commenting favourably on UEFA's decision, yet the evidence used behind it won't be published until the CAS verdict.

Thing that I note is that the journos as a whole are commenting favourably on UEFA's decision, yet the evidence used behind it won't be published until the CAS verdict.

This is the thing pissing me off most, City are being declared guilty by all and sundry without proof to back that up.

It's amazing to me how many will say they believe UEFA is corrupt but have no problem taking their word as gospel when it comes to sanctioning City.

This is the thing pissing me off most, City are being declared guilty by all and sundry without proof to back that up.

It's amazing to me how many will say they believe UEFA is corrupt but have no problem taking their word as gospel when it comes to sanctioning City.

Grinding my gears mightily. Much of it is of course pandering to their favoured audiences who will lap this up uncritically. The verdict is in, City are guilty. The problem I fear is that if you repeat this long enough attitudes harden and nothing - not even facts - will break through.

You wouldn't think we were an English club would you. Not a smidgen of criticism for UEFA.