Manchester City v West Ham Utd, - KO- 7.30pm GMT Wednesday 19th February 2020 - Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City v West Ham Utd, - KO- 7.30pm GMT Wednesday 19th February 2020 - Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Safe travels to anyone attending the match today. Conditions for travelling are.....less than ideal. I hope that everything at the ground is tied down tight!

CORRECTION.....

The match had been postponed for safety reasons.

This is not a surprise and in the best interests of everyone - the risks of travelling and in and around the ground gave to be paramount.

CORRECTION.....

The match had been postponed for safety reasons.

This is not a surprise and in the best interests of everyone - the risks of travelling and in and around the ground gave to be paramount.

It is in the best interests of safety not having 10 thousand cars when you may need the roads clear for the emergency services, this could be a blessing in disguise and give the lads a longer rest than was expected.

I agree wholeheartedly with the postponement but I hope it doesn’t mean it has to be shoehorned in.

I'm not surprised.
The call was made as I was watching Sunday Supplement following a break at about 11am.
Here in Bury the sky had filled in for about the hour and a half before, with very strong winds and driving rain. I had my doubts about the game taking place, taking into account the previous postponement against Sunderland a few seasons ago for the same reasons.
As I type, it's begun raining again after a dryish period, but the wind comes and goes from looking at the trees and shrubs outside my front window.
I'd rather an early call was made rather than a late one, yet it leaves our preparation for future games with a big question mark against them.
Yes, there's the chance for rest, but little or no time to get things right in terms of selection.

They have to make the call early - the longer you leave it the worse it is for everyone. At the time it was made it was a good call - the weather was awful.

To answer your question Rising......the game will have to be shoehorned in, when might be very much down to CL progress.....