Manchester City v Watford FA Cup Final - Saturday 18th May 2019 KO 5.00PM | Vital Football

Manchester City v Watford FA Cup Final - Saturday 18th May 2019 KO 5.00PM

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
The Alert Team just want to Have a Final Say
It is with just a tinge of sadness that this is the Final game of City's season, I was hoping that City could do that Quadruple thing, but it was a game too far. The fact that City broke a record in winning the last 14 games of their Premier League fixture list is a credit to everyone behind the scenes at the Club and when they all trooped out for the presentation ceremony I thought wow all these people have helped City achieve what many of us would never have dreamt of a few years ago.

The FA Cup Final against Watford could bring another Club record, that of the Triple and if you count the Community Shield it is our own Domestic Quadruple, but while Mr Mourinho may count it as a Trophy I doubt if Pep does because as we all know it is basically a Friendly game.

Like Brighton in the semi-final, Watford are not a walk-over and we will have to be on our toes and take our chances when and if they arrive, time and again this season Teams have sat back and soaked up the pressure only to hit us on the counter-attack, but listening to Vincent Kompany talk, he says the Team want this badly and they will be up for it.

It was good to see Kevin De Bruyne take his place on the field in the 2nd half on Sunday, so as far as team selection goes, I would play him but would Pep Guardiola. Who I would now say has taken the Crown as City's greatest ever Manager since Joe Mercer

City Team News
out - Bravo, Mangala, Fernandinho

Match Officials
Kevin Friend

assistant referee Constantine Hatzidakis [Kent FA]
assistant referee Matthew Wilkes [Birmingham FA]
fourth official Graham Scott [Berks & Bucks FA]
reserve assistant referee Edward Smart [Birmingham FA].

VAR
Andre Marriner [
Birmingham FA] will be the video
assistant referee [VAR] Harry Lennard [Sussex FA].

latest odds

City 1/4 Draw 6/1 Watford14/1

City / Watford - Connections
Ron Saunders, David James, Eric Steele, Tony Coton, Kenny Jackett

(justoutside Manchester United are 20/1 to win the Title next season)

The Alert Team wish to thank all the member of Vital Manchester City for their contributions to the forums in this fantastic season and although it is Summer, we shall still be here reporting Transfer Gossip and of course the friendlies before the Challenge of defending the Title for a third consecutive season

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sir Eltons have started to skid here at the end of the season. But, anything is possible in a one off match. (Wigan bastwards)

Given Kevin's lack of match fitness he clearly would not last the full 90 plus potentially 30+ minutes of extra time. I think he may once again be kept in reserve & brought on to either finish the game/see it though the 'game management' phase or to change things for the better if we need someone in a Superman cape to get us out of a hole.....

Good write up once again Buzz and I thank you for all your work this season.(y)
Kevin will play a part for sure in this game and so will wee Foden.
So will I because I will be cheering them on with my Highland Park within reach, ready to toast them when they win.
Not much of it left to be honest after toasting them a few time last week.:hehe:

I echo Ozi's words, Buzz, thank you for putting in the time and effort throughout the season, It's much appreciated.
:clap::clap::clap:

Good write up once again Buzz and I thank you for all your work this season.(y)
Kevin will play a part for sure in this game and so will wee Foden.
So will I because I will be cheering them on with my Highland Park within reach, ready to toast them when they win.
Not much of it left to be honest after toasting them a few time last week.:hehe:

Thank you Ozi, it is a team effort and all the Alert Team deserve the praise as they have an input into the MDTs especially Skoorb, the rest of us just chip in.

Cup finals are often close, but our class should prevail. Win or lose I hope all our fans at the final have a great day out.

My thanks also Skoorb I must admit that I have no idea how you all manage the time to input on this site.
A lot more clever than me obviously. Lol

Some stats.....

>> This will be City’s 11th appearance in an FA Cup Final and their first since 2013, when we lost 0-1 to Wigan. City have won the competition five times (1904, 1934, 1956, 1969 and 2011).

>> Watford’s only previous FA Cup Final appearance came in 1984 under manager Graham Taylor, losing 0-2 to Everton at Wembley.

>> City are looking to become just the fourth team to win both major domestic cup competitions in the same season, after Arsenal in 1992-93, Liverpool in 2000-01 and Chelsea in 2006-07.

>> City are the ninth different team to reach both major domestic English cup finals within the same season, after Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Stretford Galacticos, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday and Tottenham Hotspur

>> City have scored 20 goals in the Emirates FA Cup this season, the most by a team in a single season in the competition since Chelsea in 2011-12 (also 20).

>> Watford have lost their last 10 matches against City in all competitions, conceding 32 goals in those games. They are winless in 15 games against the Citizens (W0 D2 L13) since a 1-0 win in March 1989 in the second tier.