Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur - KO- 5.30pm GMT Sat 17th August 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT | Page 9 | Vital Football

Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur - KO- 5.30pm GMT Sat 17th August 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT

They can spot a handball but not the arms around Aymeric early doors disgraceful reffing Spurs get away with one here, as they did in the CL where there was a handball there but ask me if I am surprised

So VAR fails to award a penalty for wrestling on Rodri butis quick enough to spot the ball off the arm of Laporte at the end to deny a winning goal?

?

They can spot a handball but not the arms around Aymeric early doors disgraceful reffing Spurs get away with one here, as they did in the CL where there was a handball there but ask me if I am surprised

To be fair, there was a touch off the hand of Laporte, but it begs the question.
It boils down to the referee having a view of the penalty call, and a 'goal' resulting from the actions of Laporte.

So VAR fails to award a penalty for wrestling on Rodri butis quick enough to spot the ball off the arm of Laporte at the end to deny a winning goal?

?

As Colin points out it was handball but we have to go with it, but I thought it was Laporte in the first half hold my hands up it was Rodri and why no penalty then for holding, it was always going to be a tricky match, but we wasted a lot of good chances to bury this game. But a point is a point and we won’t lose the title this early in the season.

The two goals conceded though were poor and it needs to be worked on Walker slow to react and Moura beat him to it.

Lamela we backed off and let him shoot.

Wtf was Mahrez doing late on in the match when easier to pass

As Colin points out it was handball but we have to go with it, but I thought it was Laporte in the first half hold my hands up it was Rodri and why no penalty then for holding, it was always going to be a tricky match, but we wasted a lot of good chances to bury this game. But a point is a point and we won’t lose the title this early in the season.

The two goals conceded though were poor and it needs to be worked on Walker slow to react and Moura beat him to it.

Lamela we backed off and let him shoot.

Wtf was Mahrez doing late on in the match when easier to pass

Three times he did the same thing, ignored the option to pass in favour of his trademark selfish “I’m going to try and shoot” plan. Three times he failed. I thought he was past that. :punch: