Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur - KO- 5.30pm GMT Sat 17th August 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur - KO- 5.30pm GMT Sat 17th August 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
That was an opening Show last Saturday against West Ham United, but the fact that Manuel Pellegrini stated that his players were too innocent to the tactics used by City when the Hammers through on goal that City used the professional foul as a tactic to break up their attacks. This was picked up by the minor bloggers but if you throw enough mud it will stick eventually. Something that Gary Neville highlighted last season with Fernandinho

When Spurs arrive on Saturday night it will not be to park the bus they will be out to score goals as Harry Kane thumped two in against Villa and it should be a good game by all accounts as these early games in the Premier tend to be.

City Team News
Apart from Mendy and Sane everyone is fit to play.

Spurs Team News
Dele Ali
is doubtful

Officials
Referee:
Michael Oliver
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Steve Bennett
Fourth official: Paul Tierney
VAR: Graham Scott
Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday

Latest Odds City 2/5 Draw 4/1 Spurs 8/1

Last edited:
Foyth and Son are serving the last match of a three match suspension that carried over from the back end of last season following red cards at Bournemouth.

Our League record against Spurs.
Played 140 Won 57 Drawn 32 Lost 51.

Foyth and Son are serving the last match of a three match suspension that carried over from the back end of last season following red cards at Bournemouth.

Our League record against Spurs.
Played 140 Won 57 Drawn 32 Lost 51.
That's good news. Son was a mare against us in the CL. Old 'Arry really doesn't bother us.

The myth of 'City are the only team to foul to prevent other teams attacking' aka the Tactical Foul, was perpetuated again last season when Oily took a leaf out of his old Master"s book and complained in his press conference about City "kicking" his players.

Tiresome really but is annoying that this is a 'if you throw enough mud some sticks' campaign.

And the dipper Pravda are quick to spread the myth ...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ws/man-city-criticised-continued-use-16736054

Last edited:
The myth of 'City are the only team to foul to prevent other teams attacking' aka the Tactical Foul, was perpetuated again last season when Oily took a leaf out of his old Master"s book and complained in his press conference about City "kicking" his players.

Tiresome really but is annoying that this is a 'if you throw enough mud some sticks' campaign.

And the dipper Pravda are quick to spread the myth ...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ws/man-city-criticised-continued-use-16736054
I wouldn't besmirch Pravda with that comparison.

This is a squeaky bum game, and it could go either way

possible line up

Ederson
Walker Stones Laporte Zinchenko
Rodri
Mahrez, Sterling, De Bruyne, Silva
Jesus

Subs on the berti
Bravo, Aguero, Cancelo, Otamendi, Foden, Gundogan, Bernardo

Rodney's stock clearly rose with his performance last weekend but I wouldn't be surprised if Bernardo started on Saturday (assuming he has recovered from his slight knock)

Rodney's stock clearly rose with his performance last weekend but I wouldn't be surprised if Bernardo started on Saturday (assuming he has recovered from his slight knock)

As we know Bernardo is by far the better player, perhaps this season Rodney will be on the same page as everyone else.

PG must be tempted to stick with the same starting XI and berti back ups.

Much though I'd like to see Aguero and the Dr reinstated to the line up.

Close to teams being declared, here's mine.

Ederson Walker Zinchenko Stones Laporte Fernie Gundogan De Bruyne B Silva Sterling Aguero

Bench Cancelo Otamendi Rodri D Silva Mahrez G Jesus

A touch more mobility and greater big match PL experience is my reasoning.

XI | Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Laporte, Zinchenko, Rodrigo, Gundogan, De Bruyne (C), Sterling, Bernardo, Aguero

Subs | Bravo, Jesus, Silva, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Cancelo, Foden

Man City XI:

Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Laporte, Zinchenko, Rodrigo, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo, Aguero

John Stones has suffered a rectus femoris strain and will miss today’s game at home to Tottenham Hotspur.

(Rectus femoris = thigh muscle. Ihad to look it up)