Manchester City v Tottenham - 17th August 2019 - PL - Post match reaction | Page 3 | Vital Football

Manchester City v Tottenham - 17th August 2019 - PL - Post match reaction

That fails to consider whether Rodri was being pushed/shoved.....either way he was being impeded.

Also, I would like them to explain then, since when has having an arm around the top of an opponent's body been a legitimate and acceptable marking technique?

Yep, I asked the same question under that tweet, Swarbrick has described a foul but then said it wasn't one because of the way he fell, it's ludicrous.

Yep, I asked the same question under that tweet, Swarbrick has described a foul but then said it wasn't one because of the way he fell, it's ludicrous.

It is hugely contradictory. Lamela impeded Rodri's movement, he prevented him from jumping and certainly stopped him from being able to get away from his marker. It was obstruction.

As you point out if Sterling's impeding of Winks was worthy of a free kick & booking (no argument) what different standard are they applying inside the penalty area? The failure to book Sancez was laughable but on par with penalising Bernardo for being clattered by Danny Rose after embarrassing three Sours players with his sublime skill.

It is hugely contradictory. Lamela impeded Rodri's movement, he prevented him from jumping and certainly stopped him from being able to get away from his marker. It was obstruction.

As you point out if Sterling's impeding of Winks was worthy of a free kick & booking (no argument) what different standard are they applying inside the penalty area? The failure to book Sancez was laughable but on par with penalising Bernardo for being clattered by Danny Rose after embarrassing three Sours players with his sublime skill.

I've watched that Bernardo clip dozens of times now, can't for the life of me work out where Oliver sees Bernardo commiting a foul. Normally you could have an idea of what the ref has interpreted as a foul even if you don't agree but in this case I'm completely stumped.

If there's any foul there, and I'm not sure there is, then it's Lamela for his slight check on Bernardo as he attempts to get there before Rose.

It is a thing of beauty. An outstanding piece of skill.

And having seen it a few more times I think you're right - Lamela uses his body to nudge Bernardo for sure.