Manchester City v Schalke04 - UEFA Champions League 2nd Leg - Tues, 12th March 2019 - KO. 8:00 PM UK Time. Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Schalke04 - UEFA Champions League 2nd Leg - Tues, 12th March 2019 - KO. 8:00 PM UK Time. Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
The Gubbins
City leads this one on aggregate from the first leg 3-2 after a stunning comeback with 10 men, but you will not have read that in the media and as a result City will lose the services of two players suspended by the yellow card rule, one by a controversial VAR penalty award and they wonder why City fans still boo the so called anthem, I wonder why they play that, does someone get royalties?

City come into this fixture under the shadow of the freshly opened UEFA investigation following the allegations that the club violated financial fair play rules made in the German magazine Der Spiegel and based on stolen documents. This will do little to endear many fans of the club to UEFA so one can expect the booing of the UEFA 'anthem' to be particularly loud on Tuesday evening.

Anyway City needs to score a couple of goals to get into the next round and an open draw, with no guesses who we will get if our friends from the Premier also manage to see off their opponents. Despite having scored three away goals this fixture remains on a knife edge with many City fans still scarred by the defeat to Monaco over the two legs in 2017. Leading 5-3 from the first leg City contrived to lose on the away goals rule and with the rags defying the statistical odds last Tuesday Schalke will surely fancy their chances. Expect them to shoot whenever in range of the penalty area and appeal for any sort of contact with a players body.

Many City fans will probably remain nervous unless we are 5-0 up with 3 minutes of added time approaching.

City Team News
Out - Bravo, De Bruyne, Fernandinho​
Doubtful - Stones, Kompany, Mendy, Mangala​

Suspended: Fernandinho, Otamendi

Misses next game if booked: Agüero

Form (last 5 all comps):

Man City -WWDWW​
Schalke - LDLLL​

Officials
Referee.
Clément Turpin (FRA)
Assistant referees Nicolas Danos (FRA), Cyril Gringore (FRA)
Fourth official Ruddy Buquet (FRA)
Video Assistant Referee Nicolas Rainville (FRA)
Assistant Video Assistant Referee François Letexier (FRA)

next
swansea-city-afc.ashx

LIBERTY STADIUM
Emirates FA Cup
Sat, 16 Mar5:20 PM (GMT)

Last edited by a moderator:
I read about our stunning comeback in the media!

Team could be interesting - VK4 is doubtful, he came through the Watford win unscathed? If injured and with Stonesy and the twat with the tats both unavailable and with F25 suspended/injured then a centre back pairing of Walker and Garcia just might be on the cards. Throw in the kid, if it works over in Paris then it can work at Eastlands!

Can teams from the same country meet in the next round?

Aguero don't get booked!!!!

Ederson - Danilo, Walker, Garcia, Zinchenko / Merlin, Gundogen, Silva / Sterling, Aguero, Sane.

Your team looks good Kenny, but I expect Laporte to start, an early goal should put us on the front foot, but an early error on our part could make the tie interesting.

Laporte was being kept on ice for this game I think so am expecting him to start alongside Vinne. I wonder if Aguero might even start this one on the bench. Delph has resumed his previously customary position on the physio's table.

Yes teams from the same country can be drawn against each other in the QFs just like last season.

To answer Kenny about Kompany - suspect as Buzz prepared the preview on the 1st of March, that was the status at the time.

Schalke results since the first leg
23/2/2019 Mainz a 0-3
2/3/2019 Fortuna Dusseldorf h 0-4
8/3/2019 Werder Bremen a 2-4

Mum wanted to go for this one, so the three of us, including my sister, are in the very posh seats near half way in Colin Bell that are costing an arm and a leg.
So, Rising, no help from me tomorrow if you are on post match duties as we can stay behind to let the traffic go due to having a car parking spot at the ground.

Looking forward to it - up the Blues!

To answer Kenny about Kompany - suspect as Buzz prepared the preview on the 1st of March, that was the status at the time.

23/2/2019 Mainz a 0-3

Mum wanted to go for this one, so the three of us, including my sister, are in the very posh seats near half way in Colin Bell that are costing an arm and a leg.
So, Rising, no help from me tomorrow if you are on post match duties as we can stay behind to let the traffic go due to having a car parking spot at the ground.

Enjoy, Col, but bugger - BD, you’ll be around won’t you sweetie?

23/2/2019 Mainz a 0-3

Have fun moneybags!:grinning:

BE! What about you doing the post match reaction, with everybody else busily finding something else to do?
I'd be willing to commit to it, but I really can't predict what my workload will be. The match is in the heart of the workday for me. If they can move the kickoff time to 11p.m. I'll be happy to do so.:grinning: