Manchester City v RB Leipzig - UEFA Champions League - Wednesday 15th September 2021 - KO. 20:00 BST. Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v RB Leipzig - UEFA Champions League - Wednesday 15th September 2021 - KO. 20:00 BST. Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
Brexit What's Brexit?
Time for another go at the Champions League, to say that last season effort ended in disappointment is an understatement and pep Guardiola will take his men as far as possible in the competition but first we have to qualify from the group stage, which is a tough one this time round.
RB Leipzig is first up and Angelino, a young man who could have been useful to City having no actual recognised left back and he may well be out to prove something.

City Team News - Everyone is fit, Kevin De Bruyne may just get a start, while Phil Foden will be on the 'Berti' may get a few minutes

I'll give it a go what do you think?
Ederson
Cancelo Stones Ake Zinchenko
Fernandinho Jesus Sterling Grealish De Bruyne Mahrez

Match Officials

Referee
Serdar Gözübüyük NED
Assistant referees
Joost van Zuilen NED
Johan Balder NED
Fourth official
Jeroen Manschot NED
Video Assistant Referee
Pol van Boekel NED
Assistant Video Assistant Referee
Stéphanie Frappart FRA

Next
Manchester City v Southampton: Premier League: 18th September 21 15:00 BST

Last edited:
He will underestimate no one and always gives our opponent‘s due respect.

Yes I considered playing Palmer but there is nothing like a good start in the Group Stages and although I have selected the squad players they are all still good enough to hold their own in the Premier League probably top 3

It is very important to start with 3 points, so we need to pick a very good side for this match, I will not attempt to name ours and blot my copy book. Come on CITY

So far the ticket arrangements for this game have been an absolute shambles.

I saw in my account the ticket was available at about 2pm yesterday, and made the usual arrangement to request it. Nothing received so far, and I've seen on other forums complaints about the City e-mail servers crashing.

At 3.30pm, I got the official notification that the ticket was available, but, as pointed out above, I'd already done what I needed to, although what puzzled me at the time was the notice said it had been printed twice.

I've read that fans have requested the ticket multiple times and got no reply as yet - the problem with this is that the latest has to be used, so, if you do get a reply today, how do you know this is the latest?

The Southampton game was good to go a week ago - I'm now wary of making a duplicate request, but, as it currently stands, it looks as though I'll have to go extra early tomorrow to find probable carnage at the ticket office with everyone else in the same boat asking for a ticket to be printed off for them by the staff!

Instead of the huge pressure placed on the club social media platforms, a simple message on the website would probably ease a lot of the angst, but it seems the club are not listening to the views expressed on the liasion committees they've set up.

UPDATE - e-mail with Leipzig ticket received at 11.52am, and it's the only one so far.
I've seen others state they'd requested seven times, and received seven e-mail replies, so, hopefully this is a closed case for me now.

So far the ticket arrangements for this game have been an absolute shambles.

I saw in my account the ticket was available at about 2pm yesterday, and made the usual arrangement to request it. Nothing received so far, and I've seen on other forums complaints about the City e-mail servers crashing.

At 3.30pm, I got the official notification that the ticket was available, but, as pointed out above, I'd already done what I needed to, although what puzzled me at the time was the notice said it had been printed twice.

I've read that fans have requested the ticket multiple times and got no reply as yet - the problem with this is that the latest has to be used, so, if you do get a reply today, how do you know this is the latest?

The Southampton game was good to go a week ago - I'm now wary of making a duplicate request, but, as it currently stands, it looks as though I'll have to go extra early tomorrow to find probable carnage at the ticket office with everyone else in the same boat asking for a ticket to be printed off for them by the staff!

Instead of the huge pressure placed on the club social media platforms, a simple message on the website would probably ease a lot of the angst, but it seems the club are not listening to the views expressed on the liasion committees they've set up.

UPDATE - e-mail with Leipzig ticket received at 11.52am, and it's the only one so far.
I've seen others state they'd requested seven times, and received seven e-mail replies, so, hopefully this is a closed case for me now.

when trying a new system out, you would have thought let's not do it to 50K, but maybe a section, for a few times and then then introduce a tiered release over 10 days, that way you don't overload the OS Ticket Office by fans all demanding their tickets at the same time, it simply does not work, unless you have a server that can cope with that amount at any given time and I suspect City do not have one.

28 minutes gone City's Youth lead 2-1 after a scare by RB in their first attack took the lead, but McAtee just weaving into the RB area lets fly and equalises but then more pressure as Rb give away penalty and Oscar Bob slots it away for City to wipe away that early lead by the youngsters from RB Leipzig, but a long way to go yet.

Last edited:
The football by both sides is excellent with quick passing and the Referee ignoring the usual petty foul which has been good as players are not falling over at the slightest touch knowing that if they do they wont hear the whistle. It is making the game flow, but as opposed to the Premier League referees were you have to have a leg broken before they consider blowing up.

The Half ends still 2-1 to City, but they have mainly dominated to possession and could have increased the score on a couple of occasions, but RB when they attack are dangerous but for some good defending. a slight worry is we are caught in possession on a couple of occasions in areas where Pep says you should not lose the ball, but all in all it is a good game to watch.

a breakaway down our left eventually into McAtee who lays on a KDB'esk pass to Sodje on a plate, but it was right out of the Pep play book and these lads are learning fast.

Edozie makes it 4-1 with some good work on the right and it would have been harder to miss but Sammy puts the cherry on the cake.

McAtee is the next star to move into the first team, he just stands out, can he bring that to the Premier only time will tell