Manchester City v Newcastle Utd - 6pm BST Wednesday 8th July 2020 - Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Newcastle Utd - 6pm BST Wednesday 8th July 2020 - Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Skoorb

Alert Team
The Life of City

In the meantime, Is it me or have we been here recently, to save time and money they could have doubled it as a Cup/League match all into one simple game, apart from the fact that Newcastle in the cup was up the A1, and I suspect this time the teams will be different and Newcastle's approach may also be different as really they have nothing to fear either from relegation or the fear of getting anywhere near a European Competition, which sadly is still hanging over the Clubs head, but CAS it is reported will declare their findings this week.

City are still in two other competitions and therefore still have that motivation to maintain fitness and keep their places for the upcoming matches.

It was a nice gesture from the club that they have given all season card holders including Citizens who hold a match day card to get a pass for this match, which is being broadcast on BT Sport, please if you hold such a card then see the OS www.mancity.com for more details regarding this free offer.

City Team News
Aguero
is still out but Pep Guardiola is hopeful that he may just be fit enough to take part in the Champions League games in August.

What the team might look like on the day
Ederson, Cancelo Garcia, Laporte, Zinchenko,
Rodri, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Sterling Mahrez Foden

Match Officials
Referee:
Andy Madley.
Assistants: Richard West, Andy Garratt. Fourth official: Lee Mason.
Replacement official: Mark Dwyer.
VAR: Andre Marriner.
Assistant VAR: Harry Lennard.

Next up

mens-premier-league-small-purple-3x.png

Sat 11 Jul
Premier League
Brighton and Hove Albion
brighton.png

20:00
BST
Manchester City
manchester_city_fc_badge.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Blue Mendy will be back in at LB, he has played pretty well since the restart. We should beat Newcastle? will also be interested to see if our young CF gets another run, or we have Sterling in the middle. Only 5 to go, so fingers crossed re injuries which we just can't afford with our schedule.

I think Blue Mendy will be back in at LB, he has played pretty well since the restart. We should beat Newcastle? will also be interested to see if our young CF gets another run, or we have Sterling in the middle. Only 5 to go, so fingers crossed re injuries which we just can't afford with our schedule.

Assuming they are fit I can see both full backs being changed.

Actually I would settle for a goal or two for young Gabby. The guy is working hard but just needs something to go his way to settle him down and allow him to relocate his confidence.

XI | Ederson, Cancelo, Stones, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Rodrigo, D. Silva (C), De Bruyne, Foden, Mahrez, Jesus.

SUBS | Bravo, Walker, Sterling, Gundogan, Laporte, Bernardo, Fernandinho, Garcia, Doyle.

Sterling gets a rest along with Laporte; Stones gets a run out & Zinchenko gets a chance to climb back on the horse & the sharper Rodri takes over from Ferna in midfield

Sterling gets a rest along with Laporte; Stones gets a run out & Zinchenko gets a chance to climb back on the horse & the sharper Rodri takes over from Ferna in midfield

As I said Zinchenko needs the games as Mendy is suspended from the Madrid game, we need him match fit but also free from injury.

I think Joleon Lescott has just dropped a 'Bollux up' on the OS WNRH he stated that he knew that cancel was involved ina part exchange!

We have won our last 10 home league meetings against Newcastle and a win tonight would mean we have won 11 successive home top-flight games against a single side for the first time.

We could keep five consecutive clean sheets in Premier League home games for the first time since September 2011.

Kevin de Bruyne has either scored or assisted a goal 15 times in his last 14 Premier League starts.