Manchester City v Napoli - 7.45pm (GMT) Wed 1st Nov 17 - UEFA CL Grp:F Match Preview and MDT.

City are back on the trail of the Football Club's equivalent of the Holy Grail, having won 3 out 3 so far in the group stage and a win over Napoli on Wednesday would guaranteed qualification into the next round, all the teams in the mini league will meet each other once more.

The maximum number of points that can be still won are:
City = 18
Shakhtar =15
Napoli = 12
Feyenoord = 9

City's first venture in to the Champions League in this format, back in 2011/12 had us drawn in a group so tough, that even then we thought the draw was fixed, we managed 10 pts in the group stages and that would have been enough to guarantee a passage through to the next round, but not in this group, in fact other Clubs progressed through having gained less points than we did.

Napoli was in our group as Skoob has previously reported and our trip to the San Paulo Stadium almost 6 years ago ended in a 2-1 defeat. The team that day was:-
Hart
Zabaleta(1), Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov
Silva, Toure, De Jong(2), Milner
Dzeko(3) Balotelli

Subs, Nasri (1), Aguero (2) Johnson (3) - Pantilimon, Barry, Clichy, Savic.

Only Hart, Silva and Kompany, have survived, although JH1, will almost certainly cease to be a City player next season.

The game itself is a tough one, but if City can blow them away just like they did in the first half at the Etihad, we could be in for a treat, but Napoli have some excellent players together with the help of the referee (The Agenda is still out there) they could cause us some problems on the night.

Buzz's possible starters and bench warmers:-

Ederson
Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Delph
Silva, De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Sané, Sterling
Aguero

Subs
Bravo, Mangala, Touré, De Jesus, Bernardo, Danilo, Gundogan

prediction - Napoli 1-2 Manchester City

referee (tbc) but I hope it is not the one that Reffed the home match.

Colin Is The King

Vital Football Legend
This is a tough one, and I agree with your line up, Buzz.
I think this one may be a draw, and the attitude of Napoli maybe interesting. Two home games against the top two, and six points behind us.
Prehaps they may turn their focus on Serie A?
Feyenoord certainly have a look of Villarreal in that first campaign. They could get tanked in all of the group games.
2-2 for me.

OziMan

Vital Football Legend
A win would be great and would put further psychological pressure on the remaining teams we have to play but a draw will be nice.

kennyclementstache

Vital Football Legend
Avoid both defeat and injuries pleeeease.

Let's hammer Arsenal, I find them really irritating, like a cold that you can't quite shake off. Or an inept but persistent stalker.

Whilst it would be fabulous to win the League, the real marker for City would be the Champions League and I think that is what the powers that be at City have bought Pep in to do, maybe not this year, but we are nearly there as a good side.

Rising

Alert Team
kennyclementstache - 31/10/2017 21:07

Let's hammer Arsenal, I find them really irritating, like a cold that you can't quite shake off. Or an inept but persistent stalker.
"an inept but persistent stalker".
A very nice turn of phrase, KCT, which actually perfectly describes the rags.
:006:

Skoorb

Alert Team
U19's are about to take on Napoli...... here's an interesting fact - all the Napoli starting XI and substitutes bar one exception are Italian.

The City squad consists of eight different nationalities although the largest contingent are English (9 out of the 18).

Rising - 1/11/2017 07:09

kennyclementstache - 31/10/2017 21:07

"an inept but persistent stalker".
A very nice turn of phrase, KCT, which actually perfectly describes the rags.
:006:
I thought the rags were just Bullies

It's not all City though and Napoli continue to break out but we are defending well so far.

Davenport will make a living in this game, even if it's not with City

Goooaaalll Touaizi makes it 0-2 City.

A ball cutting out the Napoli midfield straight to Touaizi who gets a lucky rebound, races into the box the keeper comes out Touaizi rounds him and then chips the keeper jumps over him and strikes it from an angle with Napoli defenders on the line they could only help it into the net.

A commanding lead away from home and 25 gone 2-0 up