Manchester City v Manchester United - KO-16:30 GMT Sunday 7th March 2021 -Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Manchester United - KO-16:30 GMT Sunday 7th March 2021 -Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
"Sometimes neighbours are noisy" - Sir Alex Ferguson
We have a few more games to play and Pep Guardiola in his interviews as always says he thinks about the next game, I believe this is right until we actually win something this season and records achieved will count for nothing, but what I can say is that we have played some breathtaking football at times this season and this has been a team effort where all the players at some stage have stepped up and filled any gap that has potentially been created either by injury or as a result of the pandemic. We just need to carry on what we have been doing and not fall into that trap of complacency.
Pep Guardiola in his press conference today said '
"They are so strong in all departments. Defensively, midfield - they have a quality playmaker in Bruno Fernandes - and the players upfront, so much pace. "[They have] experience in Cavani, a player I admire. How he lives his career. It’s Manchester United. All the time, United are top class. It’s a privilege for us to have been in front of them for the last seasons. "My target is to do what we have done lately and be ourselves."

City Team News
everyone is back in training, but I doubt if Nathan Ake, will be in the squad just yet for this game.

Beat the Pep
Ederson
Walker Stones, Dias, Cancelo
Gundogan, Rodri, De Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo
Jesus

Match Officials
Referee: Anthony Taylor
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn
Fourth official: Mike Dean
VAR: Paul Tierney
Assistant VAR: Harry Lennard

A Sky Sport game
Next
Premier League - Wednesday 10th March 2021 kick-off 18:00 another BT Sport game
City v Southampton

Last edited:
So, we have Anthony Taylor, from Wythenshawe, who has family with season tickets at the swamp, so legend has it.
YCMIU.

Chances are on current form the Rags will fail to score, this could change with a back pass gift or a dubious pen after the intense training provided by Maureen regarding modern penalties when he had the levers. So as this game is always worth more than the 3 points on offer and City should score I reckon 1-0 will suffice to ensure the Rags cointinue their tumble to P5 or 6 after the 38 games.

It‘s a derby so normal doesn’t apply and i will remain extremely nervous until we have 4 goal lead going into added time. I am still scarred from our implosion in 2018 when we had a 2-0 lead at halftime and blew winning the title on our home ground..........Hitting There is a tremendous record on the line here apart from the three points and they will be desperate to deny us anything, We must be focused and clinical and very careful of the potential ‘modern penalty’ types in red.

So ........it’s derby day :bounce: How are we feeling today?

*Remember - all normal activities and match day protocols re to be observed! Don’t change anything!

When the “amount of money City have spent” comparisons start being made this afternoon we must note whether they mention that the starting XI the rags put out midweek against Palace had a transfer cost of £357m (assuming zero for Cavani {free} and Rashnaldo and Greenwood {rag youth}. If they had started with Pogba instead of Matic that would have risen to £412m.

Just in case Gary Neville tries to make out JoMU are competing on a “shoestring budget” compared to ‘Oil-Rich’ City.