Manchester City v Manchester United - 5.30pm Sat 7th April 2018 - Premier League Match Preview and Match Day Thread | Page 18 | Vital Forums

Manchester City v Manchester United - 5.30pm Sat 7th April 2018 - Premier League Match Preview and Match Day Thread

I know it easy for me to say play your best team, but the champions League is gone, The premier is now still alive and kicking and we sgould have turned out the best team, we didn't and although we had a commanding lead, we started the 2nd half poorly and gave the momentum to the rags.

Yes I will blame the referee, because he was crap with crapo decisions

Still trying to make sense of what I have just witnessed.

Mai am clenching my teeth so hard I have had to consciously force myself to relax before I fracture some of them:shake:

That's the question, and I don't have an answer. This is where the manager is suppose to earn his pay. Pep has been appauling at it.
Pep thinks he is still in with a chance of salvaging the Champions League, but he should have got this one in the bag first and now because we have lost two on the bounce we will be a bag of nerves the next time and ffs it's Tottenham

BamaEngineer

Vital Champions League
Pep thinks he is still in with a chance of salvaging the Champions League, but he should have got this one in the bag first and now because we have lost two on the bounce we will be a bag of nerves the next time and ffs it's Tottenham
Terrible job by him down the stretch. He's been out coached in two straight matches.

snowleopard

Vital Squad Member
Well, definitely a game of two halves! City by far the best team in the first half and two goals to the good did not do us justice. Utd the best team in the second half. The big difference was actually that Utd had few chances but took them City had loads of chances but spurned them. If Aguero had been on the Sterling chances we would have been four or five up at half time, So, perhaps Pep made the wrong call, but then perhaps Kun would not have lasted the game. Maybe he should have started and come off early. Sterling has been great this season but today he had a mare of a game and the post hit late on just rubbed salt in the wound!!
The second big difference I have to say was the ref, How he didn't give Ashely Youngs handball as a penalty and how he didn't give Ashley Youngs horrific tackle on Aguero as a penalty and send him off I'll never know. The ref also seemed to blow the whistle for the merest City indiscretion, and yet seemed determined to let Utd get away with as much as possible. Perhaps it just wasn't our day this time.
We have to regroup now and basically thrash Liverpool Tuesday or we will well and truly been seen to bottle the big games when the pressure is really on. If we lose Tuesday that would be three defeats on the trot and who's to say Spurs wouldn't inflict a fourth. We should still win the title but it may be that we win on a lower key note that we should have and we may limp out of the Champions league which would be a sad end to what has been a magnificent season. On the other hand we could win every game left in the season and do the treble.....here's hoping!

BamaEngineer

Vital Champions League
Well, definitely a game of two halves! City by far the best team in the first half and two goals to the good did not do us justice. Utd the best team in the second half. The big difference was actually that Utd had few chances but took them City had loads of chances but spurned them. If Aguero had been on the Sterling chances we would have been four or five up at half time, So, perhaps Pep made the wrong call, but then perhaps Kun would not have lasted the game. Maybe he should have started and come off early. Sterling has been great this season but today he had a mare of a game and the post hit late on just rubbed salt in the wound!!
The second big difference I have to say was the ref, How he didn't give Ashely Youngs handball as a penalty and how he didn't give Ashley Youngs horrific tackle on Aguero as a penalty and send him off I'll never know. The ref also seemed to blow the whistle for the merest City indiscretion, and yet seemed determined to let Utd get away with as much as possible. Perhaps it just wasn't our day this time.
We have to regroup now and basically thrash Liverpool Tuesday or we will well and truly been seen to bottle the big games when the pressure is really on. If we lose Tuesday that would be three defeats on the trot and who's to say Spurs wouldn't inflict a fourth. We should still win the title but it may be that we win on a lower key note that we should have and we may limp out of the Champions league which would be a sad end to what has been a magnificent season. On the other hand we could win every game left in the season and do the treble.....here's hoping!
Please share some of your optimism! I'm in desperate need!

Tudor

Alert Team
Great to see you again fellow Blue. Been a while.