Manchester City v Liverpool™FC Community Shield - Sunday 4th August 2019- Wembley Stadium KO 3.00pm BST. Preview andMDT | Page 10 | Vital Football

Manchester City v Liverpool™FC Community Shield - Sunday 4th August 2019- Wembley Stadium KO 3.00pm BST. Preview andMDT

I just thought that I would pop back on here to congratulate you on your first trophy of the season,I missed the game but will catch up with the highlights tonight with a cold beer,well done :cup:

I hope that you are all keeping well and fingers crossed for an exciting season,I would like to apologize in advance of Notts winning the FA Cup in the final against City :wahey:

I just thought that I would pop back on here to congratulate you on your first trophy of the season,I missed the game but will catch up with the highlights tonight with a cold beer,well done :cup:

I hope that you are all keeping well and fingers crossed for an exciting season,I would like to apologize in advance of Notts winning the FA Cup in the final against City :wahey:

Thanks Cocopops I never have classed this as a trophy, because it is a friendly, if the put points on the result it would have more meaning

It would be good if Notts County could bounce back first time, but it was not a good start yesterday having two players sent off did not help matter either.

Look forward to the Final with you next may.

I was wrong it was this ....

Some fans have claimed that Jesus’ penalty was illegal - because he took a backwards step.

“Jesus’s clinching kick should’ve been ruled out, illegal run up. Steps forward, then goes backwards,” one fan wrote.
https://www.givemesport.com/1494765...-penalty-vs-liverpool-was-illegal?autoplay=on

I had to look this one up:--
  • feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted); the referee cautions the kicker
so not having seen GJ's penalty, if he had finished his run up and then took a step back it is illegal, however if he took a step back during his run up that is legal.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules...laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

Finally Atkinson (Referee) is a nob anyway and let some dodgy stuff by Liverpool™ slide

He did it at the very start. Took a pace forward, stepped back one pace and began again. Was several paces away from the ball so no way would it have affected their keeper.

Usual sour grapes. They should look to their own keeper who went the right way, got hands to Zinchenko’s spot kick but failed to keep it out. Should have done better really.

Surprised they haven’t been moaning about the VvD effort which bounced down off the bar but the whole of the ball didn’t go over the line. Expect them complaining that the lines were too thick again.

Last edited:
Why would you boo your own national anthem?

Unreal. There were some dippers singing their sacred YNWA during the National Anthem. And these are the type that always bang in about people needing to show respect. Unbelievable.