Manchester City v Hoffeneim - UEFA Champions League - Weds, 12th December 2018 - KO. 8:00 PM UK Time. Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Hoffeneim - UEFA Champions League - Weds, 12th December 2018 - KO. 8:00 PM UK Time. Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
City suffer their first defeat in the League this season down at Stamford Bridge, despite out playing Chelsea for most of the first half but unable to convert the chances and so onwards and upwards. Sad to say the injuries are piling up with david silva having a tight hamstring and not likely to be used against Hoffenheim.

The New Year we will still be in Europe and the next round of the competition, but will it be first or second, If by any chance some amazing results occur on the night, I cannot see this going downhill fast, but will Guardiola take a chance and blood his young star? Then the debate comes of who we get, there are no easy ties from here on in.

City Injury News
Out
Mendy
De Bruyne
Bravo
Mangala

Doubtful
Kompany
Aguero
Silva

Possible Xl
Ederson
Danilo Otamendi Laporte Zinchenko
Delph Gundogan
Bernardo, Sterling Jesus Foden

Up next - Manchester City v Everton 12.30pm 15th December 2018

Last edited:
Good stuff, Buzz. I’d forgotten we’ve got CL again before Christmas.
As if there aren’t enough fixtures already. :slap:

Good stuff, Buzz. I’d forgotten we’ve got CL again before Christmas.
As if there aren’t enough fixtures already. :slap:
every three days just to accommodate a winter break but they have crammed it all in here as January will be busy too, but will it easy the inevitable fixture backlog, an English Team will never the Champions League without the help of the FA in the fixtures

Round of 16 Draw - 17 December 2018,

First leg - 12:0012–13 & 19–20 February 2019

Second leg - 5–6 & 12–13 March 2019

Don't risk Sergio - put GJ33 back in, he's got to score at some point. F25 likewise if he is a yellow away from a ban, need him for the next round.

Also with so many players potentially missing the berti could make for interesting reading - based on Buzz's potential starting XI it would leave Sane, Muric, Stones, Walker, maybe F25 plus Diaz and one/two others.

I hope they don’t rush him back Ozi. We don’t need to risk him against the Hoff. After that it’s Everton at home. That won’t be easy but I still wouldn’t risk him.
I hope we don’t rush him either C just wondering how he’s going is all. :yes:

Merlin out for three weeks with muscle injury. Could not have happened at a worse time. Misses all the festive fixtures.

Bugger. That is a big blow. We could really do with KDB back for 3/1........ although I dare say someone from Liverpool (Milber, Henderson, Fabinho) would ensure he was on the end of a substantial 'tackle'

I’m just watching SSN’s report at the Etihad open training and both KDB and Sergio we’re running up and down with the squad. We know that they both won’t feature tomorrow night, but by God, it’s good to see them training.
(y)

Latest injury news:- Danilo also absent

City

David Silva will miss the final Group F game with a hamstring problem picked up against Chelsea, and he joins Kevin De Bruyne, Danilo, Sergio Aguero, Benjamin Mendy and Claudio Bravo on the sidelines.

Hoffenheim

Lukas Rupp (cruciate ligament), Dennis Geiger (fitness), Nadiem Amiri (fitness), Havard Nordveit (ankle) and David Otto (ankle) will all miss out on Wednesday's meeting, while Adam Szalai is sidelined due to suspension

Ederson, Walker, Delph, VK4, Otomendi, Gundogan, Silva, Foden, Mahrez, GJ33, Sane.

Berti: Sterling, Muric, Diaz, Stonesy, Laporte, Zinchenko + a.n other?

Not good about Merlin being out for 'a few weeks'.

When PG refers to 15 players does he include Foden, Diaz, Muric in that number?

Ederson, Walker, Delph, VK4, Otomendi, Gundogan, Silva, Foden, Mahrez, GJ33, Sane.

Berti: Sterling, Muric, Diaz, Stonesy, Laporte, Zinchenko + a.n other?

Not good about Merlin being out for 'a few weeks'.

When PG refers to 15 players does he include Foden, Diaz, Muric in that number?

I think he doesn't include the 3 keepers.