Manchester City v Crystal Palace - Premier League - Sunday 17th January 2021 KO 19:15 GMT -Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Crystal Palace - Premier League - Sunday 17th January 2021 KO 19:15 GMT -Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
Another Load of Waffle
Every now and again you come up against a team that you either thrash or they just stun you with fabulous goals and take all three points, Palace are one of those teams and whilst we can be on our AAA+ game they can have just one or two shots at goals and score, it is what it is, but City will be on top form and blow away Roy's team with aplomb however, they came away in Midweek with a creditable draw against Arsenal and should be treated with respect and City need to be more clinical in front of goal and not be wasteful.
Sky Spors are showing this game.

City Team News
Pep Guardiola has revealed the latest team news ahead of our home game with Crystal Palace on Sunday

The City boss says there is another training session on Saturday so things could change slightly but is certain Nathan Ake and Aymeric Laporte will again be absent as they continue to recover from injury.
Sergio Aguero looks likely to be unavailable again after a period of self-isolation but Eric Garcia is expected to ready for selection.
“Today the player are off,” said Pep.
“Tomorrow we train. I would love to update you. I think Eric Garcia will be back. The guys from the Academy will be back. Aymeric and Nathan are not fit, Sergio also. “The rest are OK.”
mancity.com
Beat the Pep
Ederson
Cancelo, Stones, Dias, Zinchenko
Gundogan, Rodri, De Bruyne
Foden, Bernardo, Sterling.

Match Officials
Referee:
Lee Mason.
Assistants: Scott Ledger, Tim Wood.
Fourth official: Andy Madley.
VAR: Martin Atkinson.
Assistant VAR: Peter Kirkup.

next

Premier League - 18:00 GMT Wed 20 Jan

Manchester City
manchester_city_fc_badge.png
v
aston.png
Aston Villa

BT Sport

Last edited:
Ever since Woy’s team took out Kevin De Bruyne in the centre circle to stop a late breakaway (Jason Puncheon I believe it was - injured himself in the process) they have been on my “least liked teams in the Premier League” list. Not much of a fan of Hodgson either frankly - teams often reflect their manager and he strikes me as being quietly cynical.

XI | Ederson, Walker, Dias, Stones, Zinchenko, Fernandinho (C), Gundogan, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling, Jesus
SUBS | Steffen, Rodrigo, Torres, Mendy, Mahrez, Cancelo, Foden, Delap, Doyle

Commentary By David Clayton @DClayton_MCFC
18:39
Some thoughts from former City favourite Joleon Lescott on Radio 5 Live:
"At the start of the season John Stones was probably fifth choice centre back so he’s been fortunate there’s been a few injuries and inconsistent performances from all the players. But what he deserves credit for is making sure he was ready when he was given the opportunity.
"At the start of the season Ruben Dias came in and everyone thought it would be Dias and Aymeric Laporte then Nathan Ake came in and there were games where Fernandinho was ahead of him and Eric Garcia was ahead of him. For him to be in control of anything he needed to realise I need to match up with Dias, just do what he’s doing and not doing anything more and it’s working for both of them."

Commentary By David Clayton @DClayton_MCFC
18:45
Nedum's thoughts...
"Having seen Palace, I don’t think they’ll keep the ball, but they do have enough talent up front to hurt City. I believe City can do it, we’re in excellent form and we have enough quality of players to go and win this game."