Manchester City v Burnley FC - Premier league:-Sat 20th October , 2018, KO- 3:00pm (UK Time) Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Burnley FC - Premier league:-Sat 20th October , 2018, KO- 3:00pm (UK Time) Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
The International break is over for this year and this Saturday we welcome back Charles Joseph Hart (does he ever wonder 'what if') City's most capped Goalkeeper and Burnley who he signed for this season making 8 appearances so far since the start of the campaign. I do expect Sean Dyche to select Joe and he will definitely get a very good reception from the City faithful. I do not expect him to keep a clean sheet and has won the Golden Gloves award during his time at City. Can City stay at the top, we will know at 5pm Saturday

Burnley FC
Based in Burnley, Founded on 18 May 1882, entered the FA Cup for the first time in 1885–86. They were one of the twelve founding members of the Football League in 1888.

nickname - The Clarets, due to the colour of their shirts

Honours - Winners
First Division : 1920–21, 1959–60
FA Cup : 1913-14

Famous people who support Burnley - Prince Charles (his niece Princess Beatrice & her mates who recently ran a well know marathon all wore City shirts)

Man City v Burnley
Referee:
Jonathan Moss
Assistants: Eddie Smart, Andy Halliday
Fourth official: Chris Kavanagh

Head to head last 6 matches v Burnley:-

P 6 W 4 D 1 L GF 12 GA 5

Last 3 results @ Etihad - 2:1, 3:0, 4:1

Current odds
City 1/10 Burnley 33/1 Draw 12/1

interesting bet Aymeric Laporte 5/1 to score anytime

Injury News
Gundogan
- not trained this week and doubtful for the game
Danilo - injured inBrazil’s win over Argentina.
De Bruyne - trained and may feature to get match fitness
Delph - trained but if Mendy fit may take a seat on the bench
Mendy - possible starter

Last edited:
I'm seeing Bernardo injured rumours doing the rounds, anyone heard/read anything that confirms/denies?

No. He didn't play in the second Portugal match during the 'break' (a misnomer if ever there was one :rolleyes:) for "technical reasons" but I have no earthly idea what that means.

I hope it is not the case. Can't find any mention of an injury on Physioroom.com (but I am always a bit wary of their info - incidentally they have Gundogan & Delph as possibly available for 20th Oct)

Bernardo is increasingly an integral part of the squad & he would be a miss

Looking forward to getting real footie back.
DS will have had a nice fortnight off and BS only played once. Not sure where the rumours about the latter are coming from.
KDB to get a little game time hopefully.

I don’t believe the Mirror. I think they just assumed it’s an injury because he was left out of Portugal’s second fixture. Lazy journalism.
Don’t forget it was the Mirror who proclaimed Maureen was definitely being sacked after Newcastle, whatever the result.

Does anyone know what the injury is as i couldn't find it in that article.
Looking forward to seeing KDB playing again.

I suspect it could be a case of the writer just assuming he had an injury because of him leaving the Portugal squad early.

I don’t believe the Mirror. I think they just assumed it’s an injury because he was left out of Portugal’s second fixture. Lazy journalism.
Don’t forget it was the Mirror who proclaimed Maureen was definitely being sacked after Newcastle, whatever the result.

Ha, snap.

It was the same writer that proclaimed Mourinho was set for the chop too.

Ha, snap.

It was the same writer that proclaimed Mourinho was set for the chop too.
I suspect that clown will not have a stellar journalistic career ahead of him. The Mirror would seem to be as far as he will go. And that’s not very far.

It is unusual to find only one rag following the story, which may or may not have legs, I am sure Pep will clear it up at the Presser tomorrow

Hopefully, Bernie was just given a bit extra time off.

I think he was, R. Sure I saw a tweet this morning showing him in a queue at Barcelona airport after taking time off there.
No injury mentioned, but we all know why most City players sometimes spend a few days there :cool: