Manchester City v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 20th Jan @ 6pm | Page 3 | Vital Football

Manchester City v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 20th Jan @ 6pm

Just have a go at them. If we sit back they’ll cruise through the game. Give them a flicker of doubt by having a crack at them. If they are on top of their game they’ll beat us anyway. The way we conduct ourselves will mean a lot.
There's a reason City always fail in the champions league. When teams attack them and play without fear they usually leave with something. Pep leaves his sides open at the back.

There's a reason City always fail in the champions league. When teams attack them and play without fear they usually leave with something. Pep leaves his sides open at the back.

Stones seems to have upped his game of late but he is one mistake away from going to bits, reminds me of Curtis Davies and a lesser extent our very own Tyrone Mings. If we can hound him he could crash and burn

The 'experts' reckon the old city is back so we'll see if they are. My only worry is the team maybe a little rusty, I think our little break could hurt us in the short term.

Can't help but feel it's the wrong time for this type of game. We're lacking in match practice, and city are in full flow.

However I hope I am wrong. A point would be great. One thing we can guarantee is we'll create chances - Zinchenko is a weak link.

Hard to say, they didn't play that amazingly v Brighton then palace simply didn't bother trying . They are not the team they were with Toure and Silva and Kompany

Get where you’re coming from but their record this season defensively is very impressive. By far the best in the league with only 13 conceded.....followed by us with 16...Seems like Pep has made them more difficult to score against which means they haven’t scored for fun like they normally do.....set up perfectly for a boring 0-0....which I think we’d all take!

I hope we see a good performance of this season's away approach by being solid (but not defensive) and look to break out quickly and give them something to worry about. If we sit back they will kettle us in our own half and find a way of getting a goal by sheer attrition if not skill.

Get at them and we stand a chance as I don't rate them running back towards their own goal.

Not that hopeful of a result but lets see if we can muster a good performance after all this Covid disruption to training etc.

Not sure where to post this but villa twitter showing Grealish, Mcginn, Dougie, Watkins, Targett, Cash, Konsa, Davis all training, so fairly good news on any long covid fears