Manchester City v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 20th Jan @ 6pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 20th Jan @ 6pm

Because we don't know the ins and outs of who was ill and how we'll be able to prepare I'm downgrading my prediction.

I'm now hoping for only a 2-0 win.

Well the aggregate score against these guys over the last 7 games (6 defeats 1 draw) is 22-3

Forgive me if I'm less than optimistic.

With the players coming back on a staged return law of averages says we won't be fielding a full-strength side against City, I can't see city benching their top players against us this season as we are more capable than most sides away from home.
If Jack is available we have a chance if not I don't see us getting anything from this unless we get lucky and let's face it to get anything from City a team has to have the luck

They were incredible last night. It's going to be a tough one. I hope we have a fully fit full strength XI, if we take the game to them and attack them we might have a chance. No chance of keeping a clean sheet, they can create goals and score them from anywhere around the box.

I think you have more chance attacking Man City and we will certainly be positive.

Palace seemed to go there on a damage limitation exercise last night.

Hard to predict what the hell is going to happen in any game this season even moreso for this one with our COVID issues but it does make a change to think we can go into the game with a bit of positivity despite the uncertainty. In reality, with such a good haul of points already secured, it’s a bit of a free hit....and will provide us with a warm up opportunity before rolling up wor sleeves and getting stuck into Newcastle next Saturday!

Trezeguet is the only player who has confirmed he tested positive for the virus to my knowledge. No idea who else did or how badly effected they’ve been

Not exactly the best preparation against a side who can rip anyone apart. A draw would be an absolutely brilliant result in this one

This.

Have to utilise the whole squad, does that mean some aren't fit enough to play this game. that's how I read it. He hasn't utilised it so far only when he's had to due to suspension or injury

I read it as using the squad over the course of the 5 games we have coming up. Who knows though ? Look s like he won't know who is available until the results of the latest tests come back.

Just have a go at them. If we sit back they’ll cruise through the game. Give them a flicker of doubt by having a crack at them. If they are on top of their game they’ll beat us anyway. The way we conduct ourselves will mean a lot.