Manchester City - United League Cup semi 2nd leg. Post match reaction | Page 3 | Vital Football

Manchester City - United League Cup semi 2nd leg. Post match reaction

That was pretty much my stance in front of the tv :arrghh: unbelievably stupid by Otamendi.

Sterling - what is wrong with the lad beats me. He was tearing up defences earlier in the season, now he is dithering on the ball and at one point just did not seem to even want the thing. As has been said he needs to be benched and earn his place again. He doesn’t deserve it right now.

The decision by David Silva to pass instead of shoot? Another WTF moment as it was on his favourite foot. Seeing that clip again has me stood looking like KDB in that still image :shake:

Pep’s comments about Laporte, Ferna and Mendy’s Fitness gives me concern but I wonder if he isn’t just keeping them wrapped up for the CL now that the League is gone?

Was thinking the same re the defensive trio. Laporte posted on social media last night that (paraphrasing) that's the last game he'll watch in the stands, hopefully.

Fingers crossed.

Yes I think that is the case, ease them in slowly and not in a derby.

Oily said it was not a sending off for Matic, he must have missed the warning he gave to Maguire about Matic after he took one for the team (not tactical) and told him the next time he will send him off and that is what he did.

Matic's decision to check Gundo's run was daft, he would've caught him in a couple of strides. Definite and completely unnecessary yellow. That was also his fifth foul of the night, had it coming.

I wouldn't mind we were creating better opportunities against XI than we did when they went a man down.

This was almost chuckled about on R5Liver-pool this morning. Almost something to be proud of, showing 'fighting spirit'.....instead of being condemned as vandalism.

Oh and our achievement of reaching a third consecutive league cup final? Only the third club to do so? Pah. Barely worth mentioning.

This was all about rag momentum and glossing over the fire bombing of Woodward's home.

We have reached the final but does anyone else feel curiously flat this morning? 😕

Yep although I'm looking forward to reminding my rag work colleagues how shit they are that they can't a single decent chance from open play against that shambles of a defence we had out last night.

Yep although I'm looking forward to reminding my rag work colleagues how shit they are that they can't a single decent chance from open play against that shambles of a defence we had out last night.

Excellent attitude 👍

BBC R5Liver-pool revelled this morning on how we had 9 attempts before the 20th minute (or thereabouts) and then no other shot until 76th minute (again, or thereabouts)....they were pushing the 'rags dominant' theory.

You might also throw in the penalty that we should have had when Maguire took down Sterling and the two goals chalked off for offside. Aguero's was exceptionally close.....but strangely no VAR pictures were offered......

Oily's outraged, post-match polemic about the "all the fouls we suffered?" had me in stitches.

Classic Taggart/Maureen deflection from the fact that they lost the semi-final. He really is a chip off the old block. Twat.

Excellent attitude 👍

BBC R5Liver-pool revelled this morning on how we had 9 attempts before the 20th minute (or thereabouts) and then no other shot until 76th minute (again, or thereabouts)....they were pushing the 'rags dominant' theory.

You might also throw in the penalty that we should have had when Maguire took down Sterling and the two goals chalked off for offside. Aguero's was exceptionally close.....but strangely no VAR pictures were offered......

Rag propaganda in full flow. Sterling's chance when he rounded De Gea and then shot wildly over the bar came within that time frame, Silva's inexplicable pass with the goal at his mercy did too, as did Walker's piledriver that almost caught De Gea out. They're living in cuckoo land.

Oily's outraged, post-match polemic about the "all the fouls we suffered?" had me in stitches.

Classic Taggart/Maureen deflection from the fact that they lost the semi-final. He really is a chip off the old block. Twat.

Same number of fouls for both sides. Facts don't lie Ole.

Rag propaganda in full flow. Sterling's chance when he rounded De Gea and then shot wildly over the bar came within that time frame, Silva's inexplicable pass with the goal at his mercy did too, as did Walker's piledriver that almost caught De Gea out. They're living in cuckoo land.
The spin doctors are on their game. This is perfect for them to take the attention away from the fire bombing. They are concentrating on the winning of the one fame rather than the loss of the semi final and failure to reach Wembley.

I wasn't looking at the TV when Oily's faux bluster and outrage burst out and his decision to go with anger as approach just made me look up think "wtf? THAT is what he is annoyed about?" (erroneously as you point out)

Still, silver lining is that it might keep him there a while longer. I am still debating whether that is price worth paying for losing to them at home again.......🤔

On balance I don't think it is.....:arrghh:

We have reached the final but does anyone else feel curiously flat this morning? 😕

It not flat as such as we lost the battle but won the war so in the end last nights result was insignificant I mean would have preferred to rub their noses in it, but dumping them out of the Cup was just as good even if we did play like a bunch of clowns at times.